View offers Raku class Oct. 20, 21
OLD FORGE — View Arts Center, 3273 Route 28, will host its first Raku workshop and firing with its new Raku kiln on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 20 and 21, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. both days.
Instructor Scot Foley will help direct and teach participants to create a special raku ceramic piece.
Participants will meet again on Nov. 10 starting at 10 a.m. for glazing the piece and firing it in View’s new Raku kiln.
For safety reasons on firing day, participants are required to wear natural fiber clothing that fully covers arms and legs. Long hair is to be tied back and sandals are not permitted.
Cost to participate in the workshop is $30, $25 for members. This cost also covers clay, glazes, and the firing of one piece. An additional $8 will be required for each additional piece. For those who would like to only participate in the firing and not the workshop, the cost is $8 per piece.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Registration deadline is Thursday, Oct. 18.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight