WORKSHOPS — Workshops at View include wet felting and needle felting (Photo submitted)
View hosts Homeschool Day March 28
OLD FORGE — On Wednesday, March 28, View Arts Center hosts its first Homeschool Day. Families and friends are invited to take part in a variety of art and ceramic workshops, group activities, a scavenger hunt through View’s art galleries and the Young Entrepreneurial Fair.
The day begins with View’s Morning Yoga Session at 10:45 and creative workshops where participants can decorate washer pendants, paint Adirondack-themed ceramic wind chimes and learn the crafts of wet felting and needle felting throughout the day.
Participants will also have the opportunity to visit or join the Young Entrepreneurial Fair taking place in Gould Hall, showcasing students in all grades who have an idea, product or service they would like to present to the public or sell.
Initial investments are welcomed to support the young entrepreneurs.
Students can still rent a 10-by-10-foot booth space for $3 to set up shop and sell their wares or services for that day. Contact View team member Cynthia at email@example.com for more information, to reserve a booth and to receive a starter business package to prepare for the fair.
The cost to attend the day is $6 for student guests and $3 for student View members. Adult tickets are $10, $5 for View members.
Certain creative workshops will have an additional cost for materials and require pre-registration to participate.
For more information and to register, visit ViewArts.org or call 315-369-6411. Registration deadline is March 27.
View is located at 3273 Route 28.
Nick Piccininni performs Friday
Unity Hall screens ‘The Allman Brothers Band: Live at the Beacon Theatre’ Tuesday
Adirondack Storytelling Festival Sunday
‘Wilderness Songs’ exhibit opens Saturday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Nick Piccininni performs Friday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Unity Hall screens ‘The Allman Brothers Band: Live at the Beacon Theatre’ Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Adirondack Storytelling Festival Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/18/18‘Wilderness Songs’ exhibit opens Saturday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Historian presents ‘The Fulton Chain’ book Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/18/18New repair shop activity opens at Utica Children’s Museum
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Kirkland Art Center offers camp, classes for kids
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Children’s reading, illustration seminar Thursday with Doug Salati at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Writing, publishing and marketing seminar Friday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Historical Society meets July 24