WORKSHOPS — Workshops at View include wet felting and needle felting (Photo submitted)
View hosts Homeschool Day March 28
OLD FORGE — On Wednesday, March 28, View Arts Center hosts its first Homeschool Day. Families and friends are invited to take part in a variety of art and ceramic workshops, group activities, a scavenger hunt through View’s art galleries and the Young Entrepreneurial Fair.
The day begins with View’s Morning Yoga Session at 10:45 and creative workshops where participants can decorate washer pendants, paint Adirondack-themed ceramic wind chimes and learn the crafts of wet felting and needle felting throughout the day.
Participants will also have the opportunity to visit or join the Young Entrepreneurial Fair taking place in Gould Hall, showcasing students in all grades who have an idea, product or service they would like to present to the public or sell.
Initial investments are welcomed to support the young entrepreneurs.
Students can still rent a 10-by-10-foot booth space for $3 to set up shop and sell their wares or services for that day. Contact View team member Cynthia at email@example.com for more information, to reserve a booth and to receive a starter business package to prepare for the fair.
The cost to attend the day is $6 for student guests and $3 for student View members. Adult tickets are $10, $5 for View members.
Certain creative workshops will have an additional cost for materials and require pre-registration to participate.
For more information and to register, visit ViewArts.org or call 315-369-6411. Registration deadline is March 27.
View is located at 3273 Route 28.
Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
Duo performs Civil War themed concert
Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Duo performs Civil War themed concert
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Black River Canal Museum hosts ‘Era of Navigation’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Encaustic painting workshop April 28-29 at View
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Jervis offers Online Genealogy help session Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Zoomobile visits Remsen library Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18MWPAI screens ‘Eve and the Fire Horse’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Screen-Free Week events at Pulaski Historical Society