View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
OLD FORGE — View, a multi-arts center located at 3273 Route 28, will host two exhibit events on June 22.
Gallery hours are Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday noon to 4 p.m. Admission is $10 for guests and free for View members.
• View will open of the 2018 Northeast National Pastel Exhibition with a reception to be held 5-7 p.m. Friday, June 22. The exhibition runs until Friday, July 29.
The Northeast National Pastel Exhibition is a juried show that includes the best artists working in the pastel medium. Terri Ford, IAPS-Eminent Pastelist, PSA Master Pastelist, PSWC & PSNM-Distinguished Pastelist was the juror of selection. Ford, a California native, realized a deep connection with pastels in 1987 and has worked with them ever since in the studio and en plein air. Her paintings are representational, impressionistic and realistic.
With the support of donors, View is able to offer a selection of awards. Patricia Tribastone, PSA-Master, IAPS Master, NOAPS was the juror of awards. Tribastone is a nationally recognized and award-winning artist painting primarily in pastel and oil. She is a master signature member of the Pastel Society of America, a signature member and Board of Directors member of the National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society, and a juried member of the International Guild of Realism.
• An artist reception for Chris Baker will be held on Sunday, July 22 from 5 to 7 p.m.
The exhibit, titled “Chris Baker: At Home and Abroad,” aims to convey an absorbing insight for the qualities of place, ambience and light. “Often depicting overlooked elements of the natural and constructed worlds, Baker elevates our routine view of things with his acute attention to the attributes of subject and detail. The artist’s work embodies a certainty which lasts in a rapidly changing world. Momentary fog animates morning’s first light in the garden; the demarcation between sky, clouds, and farm buildings below dissolve in the expanse; children at play are ageless.”
The exhibit will be on display through July 22.
The View is located at 3273 NY 28, Old Forge. For more information on its schedule of events or to become a member, visit viewarts.org.
Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event
Hamilton library hosts Kerry O’Malley Cerra
Living Legend Awards announces honorees
Sherrill Library offers art classes
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Hamilton library hosts Kerry O’Malley Cerra
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Living Legend Awards announces honorees
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Sherrill Library offers art classes
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mohawk Valley Latino Association marks Hispanic Heritage Month
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Sign-up for wheel-thrown pottery workshop at View
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Book sale benefits Sherrill library
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Pointed Pine Quilters exhibit reception Friday
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Submissions sought for First Friday photo contest
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Canine Unit visits Oneida library