Vanderkamp Christian Retreat site opens community center
CLEVELAND, N.Y. — Vanderkamp Christian Retreat Center & Summer Camp welcomes the public to its Commons Community Center. The site at 337 Martin Road has expanded access to the public with the opening of the commons building as a community center.
Experience all that Vanderkamp offers including local history, natural scenic beauty and indoor and outdoor recreation and leisure opportunities for people of all ages and interests. Visit the center weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and through 4 p.m. on Fridays.
The Fireplace Room provides a space for gathering, crafting, playing games or reading. There is a Kids Zone with play spaces, toys and games. There are games for older youth and adults as well, like table tennis or foosball. Free WiFi is available. Enjoy reading books or magazines from the library or take them home. Gather with people who share your interests by joining an existing club or starting your own.
Visitors are welcome to explore Vanderkamp’s 850 acres of fields, forests and meadows with miles of trails for snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. Use your own equipment or rent cross-country skis, boots and poles for $5 per person, per day. Youth and adult sizes available. Those who have never skied before can get a quick lesson. Snowmobiles are not permitted on any Vanderkamp trails. Vanderkamp permits sledding on Cherry Hill and ice fishing on a 45-acre private lake. Equipment is not provided. Informed Consent Forms/Waivers must be signed before the activity and youth under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult while sledding or fishing. When you have finished, warm yourselves in the Fireplace Room with a hot beverage.
Though no admission fee is charged, donations are requested to help fund this new Vanderkamp Kares community initiative. Vanderkamp is a private, non-profit organization, funded by the donations of those who support its ministry and mission and revenue generated by summer camps, programs and facility rentals.
Groups are asked to contact Vanderkamp to schedule an outing. For additional information, visit www.vk.org, email email@example.com or call 315-675-3651.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight