Unity Hall hosts children’s author Holly McGhee
BARNEVELD — Holly McGhee, author of the New York Times Children’s Bestseller, “Come With Me,” will hold a reading and book signing at Unity Hall, 101 Vanderkemp Ave., Friday, May 11.
Admission is free. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the talk will begin at 7 p.m. Originally from Holland Patent, McGhee will return to central New York to read and share her work. Refreshments will be served. She will also do a book-signing session for fans. Admission is free for children and adults.
“Come With Me” has received much acclaim since it was published in September 2017. Inspired by the events of 9/11 and the bombings in Paris 15 years later, the picture book was born of a collaboration between McGhee and her friend and artist, Pascal Lemaître. McGhee was living in New York City during the World Trade Center bombings and Pascal was living in Brussels during the lock down after the Paris terrorist attack. Together they decided to address the aftermath of fear through the eyes of a child.
This event is sponsored by the Unity Hall Foundation, a not-for- profit organization founded in 1995 to maintain the 1896 hall as a center for the arts and community activities in Barneveld.
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event