Unity Hall hosts children’s author Holly McGhee
BARNEVELD — Holly McGhee, author of the New York Times Children’s Bestseller, “Come With Me,” will hold a reading and book signing at Unity Hall, 101 Vanderkemp Ave., Friday, May 11.
Admission is free. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the talk will begin at 7 p.m. Originally from Holland Patent, McGhee will return to central New York to read and share her work. Refreshments will be served. She will also do a book-signing session for fans. Admission is free for children and adults.
“Come With Me” has received much acclaim since it was published in September 2017. Inspired by the events of 9/11 and the bombings in Paris 15 years later, the picture book was born of a collaboration between McGhee and her friend and artist, Pascal Lemaître. McGhee was living in New York City during the World Trade Center bombings and Pascal was living in Brussels during the lock down after the Paris terrorist attack. Together they decided to address the aftermath of fear through the eyes of a child.
This event is sponsored by the Unity Hall Foundation, a not-for- profit organization founded in 1995 to maintain the 1896 hall as a center for the arts and community activities in Barneveld.
Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
- 4:00pm 06/20/18MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
- 4:00pm 06/20/18View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
- 4:00pm 06/20/18‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Literature of the Great War Thursday at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Jervis offers genealogy workshop June 26
- 4:00pm 06/20/18World War I topic of talk Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Fusion announces contest winners
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Jervis House tours start June 16
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History center displays restored 1920s fire truck