Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
BARNEVELD — Chuck D’Imperio will give a lecture on some unusual and fun museum outings in upstate New York at Unity Hall, 101 Vanderkemp Ave., at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 30.
Admission is free.
D’Imperio is one of central New York’s longest tenured broadcasters. He has been helming his award-winning morning radio show in Oneonta since 1989. He is also a prolific author. D’Imperio has written nine books about upstate New York. He is a much-in-demand public speaker and gives about 40 presentations on his books around the state annually.
On May 30, the author will present his best-selling book, “The Unknown Museums of Upstate New York: A Guide to 50 Treasures” at Unity Hall. He will offer up stories about some of the lesser-known museums found all over upstate, including the Cheese Museum, Fly Fishing Museum and Jell-O Museum.
The event is sponsored by the Unity Hall Foundation, a not-for-profit organization founded in 1995 to maintain the 1896 hall as a center for the arts and community activities in Barneveld. The hall is available for public and private functions.
For more information go online to www.unityhall.com, or Facebook/HistoricUnityHall.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight