Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
BARNEVELD — Chuck D’Imperio will give a lecture on some unusual and fun museum outings in upstate New York at Unity Hall, 101 Vanderkemp Ave., at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 30.
Admission is free.
D’Imperio is one of central New York’s longest tenured broadcasters. He has been helming his award-winning morning radio show in Oneonta since 1989. He is also a prolific author. D’Imperio has written nine books about upstate New York. He is a much-in-demand public speaker and gives about 40 presentations on his books around the state annually.
On May 30, the author will present his best-selling book, “The Unknown Museums of Upstate New York: A Guide to 50 Treasures” at Unity Hall. He will offer up stories about some of the lesser-known museums found all over upstate, including the Cheese Museum, Fly Fishing Museum and Jell-O Museum.
The event is sponsored by the Unity Hall Foundation, a not-for-profit organization founded in 1995 to maintain the 1896 hall as a center for the arts and community activities in Barneveld. The hall is available for public and private functions.
For more information go online to www.unityhall.com, or Facebook/HistoricUnityHall.
View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/15/18History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Jervis offers online genealogy workshop Aug. 27
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Steuben Old Home Days slated for Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
- 4:00pm 08/08/18McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Historic walking tour in Leonardsville