Submissions sought for First Friday photo contest
Parks Arts Culture and Tourism (PACT) and the Rome Art Association have extended their downtown photo contest, which will now accept submissions through Friday, Oct. 12.
Submissions must be taken downtown during PACT’s First Friday events, which offer downtown entertainment on the first Friday of the month.
There are two more First Fridays — Sept. 7 and Oct. 5 — to take photos for submission. For the purposes of the contest, PACT defines downtown as being in or around the West Dominick Arts District, Fort Stanwix National Monument, and the Gansevoort Park/Rome Historical Society area.
To submit a photo, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All persons recognizable in the photo must sign a photo release form, available on the Rome Art Association Facebook page under “menu.”
Prizes include the chance at photo publication in the Daily Sentinel, photo use in future PACT advertising, a free yearlong membership with the Rome Art Association, a gift certificate to Copper City Brewing Co., and a free year of access to Positively Rome’s bike sharing program. The winner agrees to share with PACT a high resolution copy of the photo, and to release to PACT the rights to use the photo in future advertising.
For more information on the photo contest or PACT, visit PACTrome.org. For more information on the Rome Art Association, visit romeartassociation.org.
View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
Clinton Historical Society open house Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Clinton Historical Society open house Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Unity Hall hosts The Merry Pranksters Friday
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Sign-up for Vermont trip
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Gallery hosts ‘Doubly Mad’ reading Friday
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Political event Saturday at Utica library
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion