Submissions sought for First Friday photo contest
Parks Arts Culture and Tourism (PACT) and the Rome Art Association have extended their downtown photo contest, which will now accept submissions through Friday, Oct. 12.
Submissions must be taken downtown during PACT’s First Friday events, which offer downtown entertainment on the first Friday of the month.
There are two more First Fridays — Sept. 7 and Oct. 5 — to take photos for submission. For the purposes of the contest, PACT defines downtown as being in or around the West Dominick Arts District, Fort Stanwix National Monument, and the Gansevoort Park/Rome Historical Society area.
To submit a photo, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All persons recognizable in the photo must sign a photo release form, available on the Rome Art Association Facebook page under “menu.”
Prizes include the chance at photo publication in the Daily Sentinel, photo use in future PACT advertising, a free yearlong membership with the Rome Art Association, a gift certificate to Copper City Brewing Co., and a free year of access to Positively Rome’s bike sharing program. The winner agrees to share with PACT a high resolution copy of the photo, and to release to PACT the rights to use the photo in future advertising.
For more information on the photo contest or PACT, visit PACTrome.org. For more information on the Rome Art Association, visit romeartassociation.org.
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event