Registration open for Botanical Watercolors workshop
ONEIDA — Register now for Madison County Historical Society’s “Heritage Handicrafts: A Leisure Arts Workshop Series: Botanical Watercolors” 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, June 9.
Pamela Vogan Lynch, a professional artist and retired director of art for the Oneida City School District, will be the instructor.
Participants will learn basic watercolor techniques to create watercolor illustrations in botanical style. Participants will select from a variety of flowers to paint. Victorians were fascinated by the natural world and the study of botany. Men, women and children would collect a variety of plant species to later sketch and paint the natural world around them. All watercolor materials will be provided. Thisworkshop is for adults and children aged 13 years and up. Space is limited to 20 participants.
Vogan Lynch was hired by the Oneida City School District in 1976 and taught art at Oneida Junior High School until 1993, when she then transferred to the high school to teach both Studio and Advanced art classes. She was appointed director of art in 1988. During her tenure she served several art organizations at the local, state and national levels and was recognized as state Section 3 Art Educator of the Year.
Since retirement, she has devoted much of her time to her own art, participating in media workshops and exhibiting her work in galleries throughout the region. She is a member of the Cazenovia Watercolor Society, is a Signature member of the Central New York Watercolor Society/Gold Medallion status and serves on its Board of Directors.
The workshop will be held at the Madison County Historical Society, 435 Main St.
The cost is $30. For more information contact the Madison County Historical Society at 315-363-4136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/15/18History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Jervis offers online genealogy workshop Aug. 27
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Steuben Old Home Days slated for Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
- 4:00pm 08/08/18McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Historic walking tour in Leonardsville