Rainbow Reading and Rainbow Eating, After-school Science at Oneida library this week
ONEIDA — The following activities will be offered in the coming week at the Oneida Public Library, 220 Broad St. Call 315-363-3050 for information:
Thursday, Sept. 14.
Ready to Read, 10 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander offers children between 2 and 5 years old and their parents or guardians stories, songs and activities to strengthen language skills.
Tuesday, Sept. 19
Ready To Read: Music and Motion 10 a.m. Newborns to 4-year-olds and their parents or guardians will enjoy songs, rhymes, coordinated movements to stimulate language skills.
Wednesday, Sept. 20
Tech Help, 9-11 a.m. Volunteer technical advisors will be on hand to help device and laptop users set up, adapt and get the most out of their devices. No appointment is needed.
Yoga for Seniors, 2 p.m. Certified Hatha Yoga instructor Bill Skinner continues his free weekly class for seniors in safe and practical yoga exercises for better health and peace of mind.
After-school Science, 4:30 p.m. OPL’s After-school Science asks: Can elementary-school students drop an egg without breaking it? Megan Gillander will be on hand to guide young students in discovering some scientific answers.
Thursday, Sept. 21
Ready To Read, 10 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander.
Rainbow Reading and Rainbow Eating, noon. During six weekly lunchtime sessions, preschoolers and parents can enjoy putting together simple recipes and enjoying together nutritious and tasty meals. Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Liz Coffey and WIC’s Sara Sevier, with OPL’s Megan Gillander, will be on hand to guide the young cooks. Preregistration is required. Subsequent sessions will be Thursdays at noon Sept. 27 and Oct. 5, 12, 19 and 26.
Author Bob Hocking in Utica Saturday
‘Ballots, Bloomers, and Marmalade’ event this weekend in Peterboro
Old Forge Library hosts ‘Blissville: An Investigation’
Chairs 4 Children event aids Neighborhood Center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Author Bob Hocking in Utica Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Ballots, Bloomers, and Marmalade’ event this weekend in Peterboro
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Old Forge Library hosts ‘Blissville: An Investigation’
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Chairs 4 Children event aids Neighborhood Center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Marmalade, Bloomer Tea and other fares at Peterboro
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Watercolor workshop, Music in Motion at Oneida library this week
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Game of Life’ on stage Friday
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Farms subject of historical society meeting
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Back to School’ program in Pulaski Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Our Word is Our Weapon’ lecture Sept. 27