Rainbow Reading and Rainbow Eating, After-school Science at Oneida library this week
ONEIDA — The following activities will be offered in the coming week at the Oneida Public Library, 220 Broad St. Call 315-363-3050 for information:
Thursday, Sept. 14.
Ready to Read, 10 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander offers children between 2 and 5 years old and their parents or guardians stories, songs and activities to strengthen language skills.
Tuesday, Sept. 19
Ready To Read: Music and Motion 10 a.m. Newborns to 4-year-olds and their parents or guardians will enjoy songs, rhymes, coordinated movements to stimulate language skills.
Wednesday, Sept. 20
Tech Help, 9-11 a.m. Volunteer technical advisors will be on hand to help device and laptop users set up, adapt and get the most out of their devices. No appointment is needed.
Yoga for Seniors, 2 p.m. Certified Hatha Yoga instructor Bill Skinner continues his free weekly class for seniors in safe and practical yoga exercises for better health and peace of mind.
After-school Science, 4:30 p.m. OPL’s After-school Science asks: Can elementary-school students drop an egg without breaking it? Megan Gillander will be on hand to guide young students in discovering some scientific answers.
Thursday, Sept. 21
Ready To Read, 10 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander.
Rainbow Reading and Rainbow Eating, noon. During six weekly lunchtime sessions, preschoolers and parents can enjoy putting together simple recipes and enjoying together nutritious and tasty meals. Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Liz Coffey and WIC’s Sara Sevier, with OPL’s Megan Gillander, will be on hand to guide the young cooks. Preregistration is required. Subsequent sessions will be Thursdays at noon Sept. 27 and Oct. 5, 12, 19 and 26.
Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
- 4:00pm 06/20/18MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
- 4:00pm 06/20/18View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
- 4:00pm 06/20/18‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Literature of the Great War Thursday at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Jervis offers genealogy workshop June 26
- 4:00pm 06/20/18World War I topic of talk Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Fusion announces contest winners
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Jervis House tours start June 16
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History center displays restored 1920s fire truck