Rainbow Reading and Rainbow Eating, After-school Science at Oneida library this week
ONEIDA — The following activities will be offered in the coming week at the Oneida Public Library, 220 Broad St. Call 315-363-3050 for information:
Thursday, Sept. 14.
Ready to Read, 10 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander offers children between 2 and 5 years old and their parents or guardians stories, songs and activities to strengthen language skills.
Tuesday, Sept. 19
Ready To Read: Music and Motion 10 a.m. Newborns to 4-year-olds and their parents or guardians will enjoy songs, rhymes, coordinated movements to stimulate language skills.
Wednesday, Sept. 20
Tech Help, 9-11 a.m. Volunteer technical advisors will be on hand to help device and laptop users set up, adapt and get the most out of their devices. No appointment is needed.
Yoga for Seniors, 2 p.m. Certified Hatha Yoga instructor Bill Skinner continues his free weekly class for seniors in safe and practical yoga exercises for better health and peace of mind.
After-school Science, 4:30 p.m. OPL’s After-school Science asks: Can elementary-school students drop an egg without breaking it? Megan Gillander will be on hand to guide young students in discovering some scientific answers.
Thursday, Sept. 21
Ready To Read, 10 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander.
Rainbow Reading and Rainbow Eating, noon. During six weekly lunchtime sessions, preschoolers and parents can enjoy putting together simple recipes and enjoying together nutritious and tasty meals. Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Liz Coffey and WIC’s Sara Sevier, with OPL’s Megan Gillander, will be on hand to guide the young cooks. Preregistration is required. Subsequent sessions will be Thursdays at noon Sept. 27 and Oct. 5, 12, 19 and 26.
Clinton Historical Society offers Christmas ornament
Yoga for Seniors, Family Movie Night at Oneida library
Foothills arts guild meets Thursday
Doubly Mad event in Utica Friday
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Clinton Historical Society offers Christmas ornament
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Yoga for Seniors, Family Movie Night at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Foothills arts guild meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Doubly Mad event in Utica Friday
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Welsh heritage subject of history center event
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Oneida County History Center seasonal bookstore opens Nov. 24
- 4:00pm 11/08/17View offers Christmas in the Adirondacks gingerbread competition
- 4:00pm 11/08/17Author emcee for open mic night in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 11/08/17Award-winning children’s book author speaks on Nov. 16
- 4:00pm 11/08/17Colgate Bookstore announces November events