Railway Society to host meeting and presentation
NEW HARTFORD — The Utica and Mohawk Valley Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society will meet at 7 p.m. Friday, April 13 at Zion Lutheran Church at the corner of French and Burrstone roads.
There will be a business portion conducted by President Harry Lenz with reports on the repair of the New York Central 6721, the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, the exhibit at the Children’s Museum, the one-day bus trip to the Delaware and Ulster in Arkville, N.Y. the annual banquet at the Trackside Restaurant at Utica Union Station, the overnight Amtrak trip to Roanoke, Va. and other activities and projects head for the coming weeks and months.
After the break, former Utica and Mohawk Valley Chapter Director Mike Bosak will coordinate the annual Trolley Night with members bringing in items pertaining to trolleys, interurbans and electric railroading.
The meeting is open to anyone interested in railroads, railroad history, the history of trolleys, interurbans, and electric railroading. Guests are also given the opportunity to become chapter members. Active and retired railroad personnel are also invited to attend.
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event