Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
ONEIDA — The following activities will be offered at the Oneida Public Library, 220 Broad St. Call 315-363-3050:
Thursday, Jan. 18
Ready To Read, 10 a.m. OPL’s Megan Gillander offers children 2 to 5 years of age and their parents or guardians the pleasure of stories, songs and activities to help strengthen the children’s language skills.
Pushing the Limits Book Club, 6 p.m. Prof. Jen Herzog, a biology instructor at Herkimer County Community College, returns for a four-session book and science discussion program for adults. This month’s reading is the Anna Smaill dystopian novel “The Chimes,” which posits a world where human memory has been eliminated. Participants should pre-register at the library desk and receive their copies of the “The Chimes.”
Tuesday, Jan. 23
Ready To Read: Music and Motion, 10 a.m. Newborns to 4-year-olds and their parents/guardians can enjoy songs, rhymes, and coordinated movements, all of which help stimulate the children’s language skills.
Wednesday, Jan. 24
Tech Help, 9-11 a.m. Volunteer technical advisors will be on hand to help device and laptop users set up, adapt and get the most out of their devices. No appointment is needed.
Family Game Night, 6:30 p.m. Game guru Breyt Coakley is back at the OPL Game Night to share his love of board games with all ages and to introduce some new favorite games of his own.
Silk marbling class March 3
Oneida library offers Family Tech Night, ‘Coco’ screening
Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville
Spring Dance Concert at Hamilton College March 2
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Silk marbling class March 3
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Oneida library offers Family Tech Night, ‘Coco’ screening
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Spring Dance Concert at Hamilton College March 2
- 4:00pm 02/14/1812th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon Saturday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Drawing classes with Imundo start Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Winter break events at Oneida library include Dinosaur Dig, crafts
- 4:00pm 02/14/18History center offers book sale
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Park marks Douglass’ 200th birthday
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Two exhibits open in Hamilton