Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
ONEIDA — The following activities will be offered at the Oneida Public Library, 220 Broad St. Call 315-363-3050:
Thursday, Jan. 18
Ready To Read, 10 a.m. OPL’s Megan Gillander offers children 2 to 5 years of age and their parents or guardians the pleasure of stories, songs and activities to help strengthen the children’s language skills.
Pushing the Limits Book Club, 6 p.m. Prof. Jen Herzog, a biology instructor at Herkimer County Community College, returns for a four-session book and science discussion program for adults. This month’s reading is the Anna Smaill dystopian novel “The Chimes,” which posits a world where human memory has been eliminated. Participants should pre-register at the library desk and receive their copies of the “The Chimes.”
Tuesday, Jan. 23
Ready To Read: Music and Motion, 10 a.m. Newborns to 4-year-olds and their parents/guardians can enjoy songs, rhymes, and coordinated movements, all of which help stimulate the children’s language skills.
Wednesday, Jan. 24
Tech Help, 9-11 a.m. Volunteer technical advisors will be on hand to help device and laptop users set up, adapt and get the most out of their devices. No appointment is needed.
Family Game Night, 6:30 p.m. Game guru Breyt Coakley is back at the OPL Game Night to share his love of board games with all ages and to introduce some new favorite games of his own.
Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House
Two exhibits open at MWPAI
MWPAI announces May events
Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Two exhibits open at MWPAI
- 4:00pm 05/16/18MWPAI announces May events
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Registration open for Botanical Watercolors workshop
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Preschoolers enjoy trip to Jervis Public Library
- 4:00pm 05/09/18‘Through Our Eyes’ exhibit opens in Cazenovia
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Unity Hall hosts children’s author Holly McGhee
- 4:00pm 05/09/18History center hosts author William J. O’Hern