Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville
BOONVILLE — The Dodge Pratt Northam Art and Community Center and Erwin Library have teamed up to promote “New York State’s Creating Healthy Schools and Communities” Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES initiative with the Oneida County Health Department.
The center will kick off its program on Wednesday, Feb. 28 with the after-school STEAM students’ performance of “A Very Hungry Caterpillar Puppet Show” at 4 p.m.
After the performance, the students will serve the same type of refreshments that the caterpillar ate in the story.
The STEAM students will also be engaged in the “My Plate Program” to learn more about developing healthy eating habits.
The program is designed to encourage children to make healthier eating choices and live a more active lifestyle.
Both organizations will focus on promoting opportunities for physical activity, reinforce healthy eating by using the NYSDOH Healthy Heart Program Guidelines, creating healthy environments that support nutritious foods, and establishing policies to reinforce healthy lifestyle choices.
Erwin Library and Institute will kick off its program with a March 1 special story hour to celebrate National Nutrition Month to focus on the importance of making sound eating and physical activity habits.
Other community based activities for the initiative is to host Senior Nutrition Workshops with the first one “Making Meals for One” on May 4 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. at the Erwin Library and Institute.
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event