Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville
BOONVILLE — The Dodge Pratt Northam Art and Community Center and Erwin Library have teamed up to promote “New York State’s Creating Healthy Schools and Communities” Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES initiative with the Oneida County Health Department.
The center will kick off its program on Wednesday, Feb. 28 with the after-school STEAM students’ performance of “A Very Hungry Caterpillar Puppet Show” at 4 p.m.
After the performance, the students will serve the same type of refreshments that the caterpillar ate in the story.
The STEAM students will also be engaged in the “My Plate Program” to learn more about developing healthy eating habits.
The program is designed to encourage children to make healthier eating choices and live a more active lifestyle.
Both organizations will focus on promoting opportunities for physical activity, reinforce healthy eating by using the NYSDOH Healthy Heart Program Guidelines, creating healthy environments that support nutritious foods, and establishing policies to reinforce healthy lifestyle choices.
Erwin Library and Institute will kick off its program with a March 1 special story hour to celebrate National Nutrition Month to focus on the importance of making sound eating and physical activity habits.
Other community based activities for the initiative is to host Senior Nutrition Workshops with the first one “Making Meals for One” on May 4 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. at the Erwin Library and Institute.
Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
- 4:00pm 06/20/18MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
- 4:00pm 06/20/18View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
- 4:00pm 06/20/18‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Literature of the Great War Thursday at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Jervis offers genealogy workshop June 26
- 4:00pm 06/20/18World War I topic of talk Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Fusion announces contest winners
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Jervis House tours start June 16
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History center displays restored 1920s fire truck