Presentation on Thailand, Laos Tuesday in Old Forge
OLD FORGE — Photographer Diane Bowes will give a PowerPoint presentation, “Mekong River and the Hill Tribes of Northern Thailand and Laos,” at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 15, at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd. This event will cover her travels to these countries and the area referred to as the Golden Triangle.
Bowes traveled up the Mekong River in Laos from the capital Vientiane to the border with Thailand. Along the way the group visited various hill tribe villages seeing people going about their day to day activities. Leaving Laos she went to the northern part of Thailand where several different hill tribe villages were visited along with the areas of Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai.
Bowes and her family own Covewood Lodge on Big Moose Lake. As avid natural historians and birders, she and her late husband, Major, traveled extensively to many countries. She continues to enjoy traveling and has managed to set foot on all seven continents.
Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
Ornament workshop at View Monday
Toddler and Me art class Friday
Holiday Hoot event at Utica Zoo Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Ornament workshop at View Monday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Toddler and Me art class Friday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Holiday Hoot event at Utica Zoo Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Chenango club to conduct Christmas Bird Count
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Religion in U.S., along canal topic of lecture Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Family Game Night, Tech Help offered at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Progressive Politics lecture Wednesday
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Oneida Zonta accepting award nominations
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Steve Davis performs Dec. 15 in Utica