Presentation on Thailand, Laos Tuesday in Old Forge
OLD FORGE — Photographer Diane Bowes will give a PowerPoint presentation, “Mekong River and the Hill Tribes of Northern Thailand and Laos,” at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 15, at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd. This event will cover her travels to these countries and the area referred to as the Golden Triangle.
Bowes traveled up the Mekong River in Laos from the capital Vientiane to the border with Thailand. Along the way the group visited various hill tribe villages seeing people going about their day to day activities. Leaving Laos she went to the northern part of Thailand where several different hill tribe villages were visited along with the areas of Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai.
Bowes and her family own Covewood Lodge on Big Moose Lake. As avid natural historians and birders, she and her late husband, Major, traveled extensively to many countries. She continues to enjoy traveling and has managed to set foot on all seven continents.
Book follows family’s life on Tug Hill
Antique Appraisals March 22 at Unity Hall
Jervis offers tech help
Tug Hill photo contest underway
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Book follows family’s life on Tug Hill
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Antique Appraisals March 22 at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Jervis offers tech help
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Tug Hill photo contest underway
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Peter G. Smith subject of talk Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Historical center serves annual Irish Tea Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Works in Progress Reception March 21 at Sculpture Space
- 4:00pm 03/08/18NY Central topic of railway society event
- 4:00pm 03/07/18Artists sought for Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors
- 4:00pm 03/07/18Bottle-Making Workshop Saturday at View