Presentation on Thailand, Laos Tuesday in Old Forge
OLD FORGE — Photographer Diane Bowes will give a PowerPoint presentation, “Mekong River and the Hill Tribes of Northern Thailand and Laos,” at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 15, at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd. This event will cover her travels to these countries and the area referred to as the Golden Triangle.
Bowes traveled up the Mekong River in Laos from the capital Vientiane to the border with Thailand. Along the way the group visited various hill tribe villages seeing people going about their day to day activities. Leaving Laos she went to the northern part of Thailand where several different hill tribe villages were visited along with the areas of Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai.
Bowes and her family own Covewood Lodge on Big Moose Lake. As avid natural historians and birders, she and her late husband, Major, traveled extensively to many countries. She continues to enjoy traveling and has managed to set foot on all seven continents.
Ukrainian moth may provide hope against monarch-killing vine
Teen summer program at Jervis includes workshops, clubs, games
Croquet Wednesdays at Sherrill library
Sign up for Living Lamp workshop at View
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Ukrainian moth may provide hope against monarch-killing vine
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Teen summer program at Jervis includes workshops, clubs, games
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Croquet Wednesdays at Sherrill library
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Sign up for Living Lamp workshop at View
- 4:00pm 07/11/18View seeks artists for nature exhibit
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Jervis Public Library announces tech help sessions for July
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Historic society hosts author Anthony Wonderley
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Presentation on butterflies, moths Saturday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Merry-Go-Round theater troupe performs Friday
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Northeast National Pastel Exhibition awards announced