Presentation on Thailand, Laos Tuesday in Old Forge
OLD FORGE — Photographer Diane Bowes will give a PowerPoint presentation, “Mekong River and the Hill Tribes of Northern Thailand and Laos,” at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 15, at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd. This event will cover her travels to these countries and the area referred to as the Golden Triangle.
Bowes traveled up the Mekong River in Laos from the capital Vientiane to the border with Thailand. Along the way the group visited various hill tribe villages seeing people going about their day to day activities. Leaving Laos she went to the northern part of Thailand where several different hill tribe villages were visited along with the areas of Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai.
Bowes and her family own Covewood Lodge on Big Moose Lake. As avid natural historians and birders, she and her late husband, Major, traveled extensively to many countries. She continues to enjoy traveling and has managed to set foot on all seven continents.
Artspace launches second phase of study in Utica
Gallery 3040 seeks funds for mural
‘Nature’s Nursery’ encourages outdoor learning and exploration for pre-schoolers
Burch hosts Art Painting Fundraiser
- 4:00pm 08/18/17Artspace launches second phase of study in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Gallery 3040 seeks funds for mural
- 4:00pm 08/16/17‘Nature’s Nursery’ encourages outdoor learning and exploration for pre-schoolers
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Burch hosts Art Painting Fundraiser
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Eclipse Picnic, board game night at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Civil War Weekend event in Cooperstown
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Trip to NYC Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Art reveal Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/10/17Capitol Theatre opens registration for youth theater program
- 4:00pm 08/09/17Watercolors by Ann Pangburn in Oneida