Presentation on butterflies, moths Saturday in Canastota
CANASTOTA — Rick Mikula will migrate from Pennsylvania to the Great Swamp Conservancy at 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 14, to teach how to nurture and enjoy butterflies and moths.
The presentation also includes a display of “the most beautiful and unusual butterflies and moths, all of which died of naturally causes.”
Live butterflies will be displayed in homemade cages.
Mikula is president of Butterfly Rescue International, a founding member and past president of the International Butterfly Breeders Association, and past vice president of the Canadian Butterfly Breeders and Exhibitors and past secretary and treasurer for the New Jersey Lepidopterist Society.
Admission for this program is $10, $8 for members.
The address for the Conservancy is 8375 N. Main St. For more information call 315-697-2950.
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event