ON DISPLAY — Art piece by Marilyn Schlueter
Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
Marilyn Schlueter passed away last April but her art fans will have another opportunity to see and purchase some of her works during a memorial exhibit to be held at Rome Art and Community Center from April 19 through May 16.
One hundred-thirteen of her pieces will be on display during the exhibit as well as several piece from her private art collection. A free opening reception will take place on April 19 from 6-7:30 p.m. at the center, 308 W. Bloomfield St. The Rome Art Association’s 10th annual Recycled Art Challenge will take place in conjunction with the Marilyn Schlueter Memorial Art Show.
The challenge is open to all artist within 100 miles of Rome who are at least age 18. Works must utilized recycled man made material as the primary medium. It is a judged exhibit and does have an entry fee, which is $10 for non-members and $5 for members of the Rome and Community Center. The association holds the challenge in April because of Earth Day, which occurs every April 22. It began in 1970 and is a worldwide day dedicated to promoting awareness of the planet, its resources and how to care for them.
Herkimer Home opens Saturday
View offers ceramics workshop June 2
Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/22/18View offers Healing with Nature Workshop Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Two exhibits open at MWPAI
- 4:00pm 05/16/18MWPAI announces May events
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23