ON DISPLAY — Art piece by Marilyn Schlueter
Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
Marilyn Schlueter passed away last April but her art fans will have another opportunity to see and purchase some of her works during a memorial exhibit to be held at Rome Art and Community Center from April 19 through May 16.
One hundred-thirteen of her pieces will be on display during the exhibit as well as several piece from her private art collection. A free opening reception will take place on April 19 from 6-7:30 p.m. at the center, 308 W. Bloomfield St. The Rome Art Association’s 10th annual Recycled Art Challenge will take place in conjunction with the Marilyn Schlueter Memorial Art Show.
The challenge is open to all artist within 100 miles of Rome who are at least age 18. Works must utilized recycled man made material as the primary medium. It is a judged exhibit and does have an entry fee, which is $10 for non-members and $5 for members of the Rome and Community Center. The association holds the challenge in April because of Earth Day, which occurs every April 22. It began in 1970 and is a worldwide day dedicated to promoting awareness of the planet, its resources and how to care for them.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight