Pointed Pine Quilters exhibit reception Friday
OLD FORGE — Fiber Arts, an exhibit by the Pointed Pine Quilters, will be on display at Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd., from Sept. 7 to Sept. 29.
The library will host an opening reception for the exhibit and the artists on Friday, Sept. 7 at 5 p.m., which is open to the public.
Admission to the reception and to the exhibition are free.
The Pointed Pine Quilters are an organization founded locally in the early 1970s that pool their talent and resources to work communally on large quilts. The group also has a history of philanthropic fundraising, making quilts for View, the Big Moose Chapel, St. Bartholomew’s Church, the American Legion’s Wounded Warrior Project, and the Old Forge Historical Association.
The Pointed Pine Quilters meet at Old Forge Library on Tuesdays at 1 p.m., and those interested in quilting are encouraged to visit.
For more information on the Old Forge Library or for a schedule of events, visit oldforgelibrary.org or call 315-369-6008.
Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
Great Swamp Conservancy’s to host Fall Palooza Monday
Teapot pottery workshop with Panella planned for December
Old Main topic of author talk at Jervis
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Great Swamp Conservancy’s to host Fall Palooza Monday
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Teapot pottery workshop with Panella planned for December
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Old Main topic of author talk at Jervis
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Fallen Soldiers tribute murals on display
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Veterans’ Day show and tell
- 4:00pm 11/07/18View offers beginner pottery workshops
- 4:00pm 11/07/18‘Last Woman Hanged’ talk Friday
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Historical Society marks Armistice
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Rome Historical Society hosts author Don Cazentre