Pointed Pine Quilters exhibit reception Friday
OLD FORGE — Fiber Arts, an exhibit by the Pointed Pine Quilters, will be on display at Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd., from Sept. 7 to Sept. 29.
The library will host an opening reception for the exhibit and the artists on Friday, Sept. 7 at 5 p.m., which is open to the public.
Admission to the reception and to the exhibition are free.
The Pointed Pine Quilters are an organization founded locally in the early 1970s that pool their talent and resources to work communally on large quilts. The group also has a history of philanthropic fundraising, making quilts for View, the Big Moose Chapel, St. Bartholomew’s Church, the American Legion’s Wounded Warrior Project, and the Old Forge Historical Association.
The Pointed Pine Quilters meet at Old Forge Library on Tuesdays at 1 p.m., and those interested in quilting are encouraged to visit.
For more information on the Old Forge Library or for a schedule of events, visit oldforgelibrary.org or call 315-369-6008.
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event