‘Poetry & History Songs’ program Saturday
Join Mohawk Valley musicians Cosby Gibson and Tom Staudle for an original folk and blues program “Poetry & History Songs” at 1 p.m. on Saturday at the Oneida County History Center, 1608 Genesee St., Utica.
Staudle will perform original music put to the words of famous poets including Robert Frost, Edgar Allen Poe, Rudyard Kipling and local poet Andy Rooney. Gibson will perform five original songs from her American History series, which portrays the life of the American settlers during the Revolution. This program takes place in the center’s main gallery.
Gibson and Staudle are songwriters and singers who have performed together for seven years at hundreds of events. This duo plays acoustic and blues-style originals and favorites with a variety of instruments such as guitar, violin, banjo, harmonica and ukulele. Visit www.cosbygibsonandtomstaudle.com/home/4580867706 for more information about the artists.
Admission to this program is free to the public; donations are encouraged.
View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/15/18History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Jervis offers online genealogy workshop Aug. 27
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Steuben Old Home Days slated for Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
- 4:00pm 08/08/18McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Historic walking tour in Leonardsville