‘Poetry & History Songs’ program Saturday
Join Mohawk Valley musicians Cosby Gibson and Tom Staudle for an original folk and blues program “Poetry & History Songs” at 1 p.m. on Saturday at the Oneida County History Center, 1608 Genesee St., Utica.
Staudle will perform original music put to the words of famous poets including Robert Frost, Edgar Allen Poe, Rudyard Kipling and local poet Andy Rooney. Gibson will perform five original songs from her American History series, which portrays the life of the American settlers during the Revolution. This program takes place in the center’s main gallery.
Gibson and Staudle are songwriters and singers who have performed together for seven years at hundreds of events. This duo plays acoustic and blues-style originals and favorites with a variety of instruments such as guitar, violin, banjo, harmonica and ukulele. Visit www.cosbygibsonandtomstaudle.com/home/4580867706 for more information about the artists.
Admission to this program is free to the public; donations are encouraged.
Political event Saturday at Utica library
Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
Great Swamp Conservancy’s to host Fall Palooza Monday
Teapot pottery workshop with Panella planned for December
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Political event Saturday at Utica library
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Great Swamp Conservancy’s to host Fall Palooza Monday
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Teapot pottery workshop with Panella planned for December
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Old Main topic of author talk at Jervis
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Fallen Soldiers tribute murals on display
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Veterans’ Day show and tell
- 4:00pm 11/07/18View offers beginner pottery workshops
- 4:00pm 11/07/18‘Last Woman Hanged’ talk Friday
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Historical Society marks Armistice