‘Poetry & History Songs’ program Saturday
Join Mohawk Valley musicians Cosby Gibson and Tom Staudle for an original folk and blues program “Poetry & History Songs” at 1 p.m. on Saturday at the Oneida County History Center, 1608 Genesee St., Utica.
Staudle will perform original music put to the words of famous poets including Robert Frost, Edgar Allen Poe, Rudyard Kipling and local poet Andy Rooney. Gibson will perform five original songs from her American History series, which portrays the life of the American settlers during the Revolution. This program takes place in the center’s main gallery.
Gibson and Staudle are songwriters and singers who have performed together for seven years at hundreds of events. This duo plays acoustic and blues-style originals and favorites with a variety of instruments such as guitar, violin, banjo, harmonica and ukulele. Visit www.cosbygibsonandtomstaudle.com/home/4580867706 for more information about the artists.
Admission to this program is free to the public; donations are encouraged.
Two exhibits open at MWPAI
MWPAI announces May events
Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Two exhibits open at MWPAI
- 4:00pm 05/16/18MWPAI announces May events
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Registration open for Botanical Watercolors workshop
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Preschoolers enjoy trip to Jervis Public Library
- 4:00pm 05/09/18‘Through Our Eyes’ exhibit opens in Cazenovia
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Unity Hall hosts children’s author Holly McGhee
- 4:00pm 05/09/18History center hosts author William J. O’Hern
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Disaster preparedness workshop May 16 at Jervis