Paint and Sip Saturday event benefits veterans
Henry P. Smith Post American Legion on Erie Boulevard West will host an Art Works by Donna Burch Paint and Sip fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday.
Cost is a $45 donation each, or four or more reservations at $40 each. Donations cover the cost of art supplies.
To make a reservation, stop by the Henry P. Smith Post and fill out a sign-up sheet. Make checks payable to Henry P. Smith Unit #24 ALA, or contact Mary Anne Casadei at 315-339-1953.
“This is our first fund-raiser of the season. We are excited as this is also the first fundraiser of this type we have attempted,” Event Chairwoman Casadei said. “We will be painting a patriotic picture with step-by-step instructions while enjoying our favorite wine and appetizers.”
There will also be a 50/50 raffle and basket raffle.
Proceeds from the event will go to support the various programs the Ladies Auxiliary has that benefit veterans in the community, as well as community-based programs.
“With the holidays fast approaching, we are looking to assist veterans and their families who may need a bit of help,” Casadei said.
The Auxiliary Unit has adopted 18 veterans, include two women, and they will also be remembered at Thanksgiving, the holidays and their birthday.
Utica Glass Co. topic of meeting
View hosts Homeschool Day March 28
History center holds annual telethon April 3
‘Plein Air to Still Life: Watercolors’ at View
- 4:00pm 03/21/18Utica Glass Co. topic of meeting
- 4:00pm 03/21/18View hosts Homeschool Day March 28
- 4:00pm 03/21/18History center holds annual telethon April 3
- 4:00pm 03/21/18‘Plein Air to Still Life: Watercolors’ at View
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Book follows family’s life on Tug Hill
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Antique Appraisals March 22 at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Jervis offers tech help
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Tug Hill photo contest underway
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Peter G. Smith subject of talk Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Historical center serves annual Irish Tea Saturday