Paint and Sip Saturday event benefits veterans
Henry P. Smith Post American Legion on Erie Boulevard West will host an Art Works by Donna Burch Paint and Sip fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday.
Cost is a $45 donation each, or four or more reservations at $40 each. Donations cover the cost of art supplies.
To make a reservation, stop by the Henry P. Smith Post and fill out a sign-up sheet. Make checks payable to Henry P. Smith Unit #24 ALA, or contact Mary Anne Casadei at 315-339-1953.
“This is our first fund-raiser of the season. We are excited as this is also the first fundraiser of this type we have attempted,” Event Chairwoman Casadei said. “We will be painting a patriotic picture with step-by-step instructions while enjoying our favorite wine and appetizers.”
There will also be a 50/50 raffle and basket raffle.
Proceeds from the event will go to support the various programs the Ladies Auxiliary has that benefit veterans in the community, as well as community-based programs.
“With the holidays fast approaching, we are looking to assist veterans and their families who may need a bit of help,” Casadei said.
The Auxiliary Unit has adopted 18 veterans, include two women, and they will also be remembered at Thanksgiving, the holidays and their birthday.
‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Preschool Story Hour in Remsen
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Talk on Puccini’s ‘Tosca’ Jan. 25
- 10:30am 01/17/18Dolly Parton talk canceled
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Winter focus of library exhibit
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Dolly Parton focus of talk Wednesday
- 4:00pm 01/10/18View announces thrown wheel pottery workshop