Paint and Sip Saturday event benefits veterans
Henry P. Smith Post American Legion on Erie Boulevard West will host an Art Works by Donna Burch Paint and Sip fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday.
Cost is a $45 donation each, or four or more reservations at $40 each. Donations cover the cost of art supplies.
To make a reservation, stop by the Henry P. Smith Post and fill out a sign-up sheet. Make checks payable to Henry P. Smith Unit #24 ALA, or contact Mary Anne Casadei at 315-339-1953.
“This is our first fund-raiser of the season. We are excited as this is also the first fundraiser of this type we have attempted,” Event Chairwoman Casadei said. “We will be painting a patriotic picture with step-by-step instructions while enjoying our favorite wine and appetizers.”
There will also be a 50/50 raffle and basket raffle.
Proceeds from the event will go to support the various programs the Ladies Auxiliary has that benefit veterans in the community, as well as community-based programs.
“With the holidays fast approaching, we are looking to assist veterans and their families who may need a bit of help,” Casadei said.
The Auxiliary Unit has adopted 18 veterans, include two women, and they will also be remembered at Thanksgiving, the holidays and their birthday.
Author Bob Hocking in Utica Saturday
‘Ballots, Bloomers, and Marmalade’ event this weekend in Peterboro
Old Forge Library hosts ‘Blissville: An Investigation’
Chairs 4 Children event aids Neighborhood Center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Author Bob Hocking in Utica Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Ballots, Bloomers, and Marmalade’ event this weekend in Peterboro
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Old Forge Library hosts ‘Blissville: An Investigation’
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Chairs 4 Children event aids Neighborhood Center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Marmalade, Bloomer Tea and other fares at Peterboro
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Watercolor workshop, Music in Motion at Oneida library this week
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Game of Life’ on stage Friday
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Farms subject of historical society meeting
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Back to School’ program in Pulaski Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Our Word is Our Weapon’ lecture Sept. 27