Paula Alida Roy
Open mic night at Old Forge Library Aug. 16
OLD FORGE — Writers, songwriters, aspiring writers and members of the public are invited to share and read or sing from their own work or to come and enjoy readings by others at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd. The readings will begin at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday Aug. 16. Featured writer and emcee will be Paula Alida Roy.
Paula Alida Roy is a writer and published author. She retired from her position as Chairperson of the Department of English at Westfield High School in New Jersey. She continues to work as a consultant to schools and teachers. Articles about teaching, gender issues and homophobia in schools have appeared in books and journals.
Her poetry has been published by such literary magazines as Blueline, Moon Journal, Waterways, Adirondac, Crone’s Nest, Iris, Earth’s Daughters, and Ruah. She has served as director of the library’s summer writing workshop, scholar-facilitator of several discussion and literacy programs sponsored by the New York State Council on the Humanities. She has also created and led a series of film discussions at the Old Forge Library.
If you plan on participating on Open Mic Night please call the Library at 369-6008 ahead of time so they may plan accordingly, but walk-ins are also welcome. These readings are held to inspire writers and create opportunities for regional writers to meet. The Library’s Open Mic for Writers Series is co-sponsored by Adirondack Center for Writing.
Ukrainian moth may provide hope against monarch-killing vine
Teen summer program at Jervis includes workshops, clubs, games
Croquet Wednesdays at Sherrill library
Sign up for Living Lamp workshop at View
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Ukrainian moth may provide hope against monarch-killing vine
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Teen summer program at Jervis includes workshops, clubs, games
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Croquet Wednesdays at Sherrill library
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Sign up for Living Lamp workshop at View
- 4:00pm 07/11/18View seeks artists for nature exhibit
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Jervis Public Library announces tech help sessions for July
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Historic society hosts author Anthony Wonderley
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Presentation on butterflies, moths Saturday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Merry-Go-Round theater troupe performs Friday
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Northeast National Pastel Exhibition awards announced