Paula Alida Roy
Open mic night at Old Forge Library Aug. 16
OLD FORGE — Writers, songwriters, aspiring writers and members of the public are invited to share and read or sing from their own work or to come and enjoy readings by others at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd. The readings will begin at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday Aug. 16. Featured writer and emcee will be Paula Alida Roy.
Paula Alida Roy is a writer and published author. She retired from her position as Chairperson of the Department of English at Westfield High School in New Jersey. She continues to work as a consultant to schools and teachers. Articles about teaching, gender issues and homophobia in schools have appeared in books and journals.
Her poetry has been published by such literary magazines as Blueline, Moon Journal, Waterways, Adirondac, Crone’s Nest, Iris, Earth’s Daughters, and Ruah. She has served as director of the library’s summer writing workshop, scholar-facilitator of several discussion and literacy programs sponsored by the New York State Council on the Humanities. She has also created and led a series of film discussions at the Old Forge Library.
If you plan on participating on Open Mic Night please call the Library at 369-6008 ahead of time so they may plan accordingly, but walk-ins are also welcome. These readings are held to inspire writers and create opportunities for regional writers to meet. The Library’s Open Mic for Writers Series is co-sponsored by Adirondack Center for Writing.
Artspace launches second phase of study in Utica
Gallery 3040 seeks funds for mural
‘Nature’s Nursery’ encourages outdoor learning and exploration for pre-schoolers
Burch hosts Art Painting Fundraiser
- 4:00pm 08/18/17Artspace launches second phase of study in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Gallery 3040 seeks funds for mural
- 4:00pm 08/16/17‘Nature’s Nursery’ encourages outdoor learning and exploration for pre-schoolers
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Burch hosts Art Painting Fundraiser
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Eclipse Picnic, board game night at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Civil War Weekend event in Cooperstown
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Trip to NYC Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Art reveal Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/10/17Capitol Theatre opens registration for youth theater program
- 4:00pm 08/09/17Watercolors by Ann Pangburn in Oneida