Oneida library offers truth in news teen talk; ‘Blissville’ documentary screening
ONEIDA — The following activities will be offered in the coming week at the Oneida Public Library, 220 Broad St. Call 315-363-3050 for information:
Thursday, July 13
Teen Coffeehouse Talks, 11 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander will guide discussions on current teen topics. This week teenagers will focus on truth in the news.
Friday, July 14
Little Red Wagon, 10 a.m. Gillander will lead pre-schoolers and their parents and guardians in stories, songs and games.
Summer Theater Workshop Performance, 5 p.m. Children will perform “Magic Hat: The OPL Kids Radio Show,” for parents and guardians.
Monday, July 17
Summer Reading Program, 10 a.m. Children from Kindergarten through fifth grade will assemble a Little Free Library, a free book exchange for the Oneida community.
Tuesday, July 18
Film Screening: “Blissville,” 6:30 p.m. Filmmaker Hank Linhart will screen and discuss his documentary film.
Wednesday, July 19
Art Workshop En Plein Air: Session 2, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Retired art teacher Carol Cotten will conduct free weekly art workshops in local scenic areas. The four-session workshop will happen Wednesday mornings, July 5, 12, 19 and 26. Pre-registration is required at the OPL, and art supplies must be purchased.
Tech Help, 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Volunteer technical advisers will be on hand to help device and laptop users get the most from their gear. No appointment is needed.
Yoga for Seniors, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Certified Hatha Yoga instructor Bill Skinner hosts a free weekly class for seniors each Wednesday in July.
Samantha, the American Girl Suffragette, 3 p.m. Teresa Wood, creator of History Houses in Rochester, will show how American Girl and Boy Dolls became involved in the women’s rights movement of the early 20th Century.
Thursday, July 20
Teen Coffeehouse Talks, 11 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander will guide discussions on current teen topics. This week teenagers will focus on whether social media has changed our brains.
‘Art is a Consuming Fire’ exhibit opens May 3
Adirondack Mountain Club meets May 1
Spring Open House at Fusion Art Gallery
Stamp Club meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/25/18‘Art is a Consuming Fire’ exhibit opens May 3
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Adirondack Mountain Club meets May 1
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Spring Open House at Fusion Art Gallery
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Stamp Club meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/25/18B Sharp Music Club performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Artist reception Thursday for Anita Moonan
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Railway Historical Society gathers Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Duo performs Civil War themed concert
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly