Oneida library offers truth in news teen talk; ‘Blissville’ documentary screening
ONEIDA — The following activities will be offered in the coming week at the Oneida Public Library, 220 Broad St. Call 315-363-3050 for information:
Thursday, July 13
Teen Coffeehouse Talks, 11 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander will guide discussions on current teen topics. This week teenagers will focus on truth in the news.
Friday, July 14
Little Red Wagon, 10 a.m. Gillander will lead pre-schoolers and their parents and guardians in stories, songs and games.
Summer Theater Workshop Performance, 5 p.m. Children will perform “Magic Hat: The OPL Kids Radio Show,” for parents and guardians.
Monday, July 17
Summer Reading Program, 10 a.m. Children from Kindergarten through fifth grade will assemble a Little Free Library, a free book exchange for the Oneida community.
Tuesday, July 18
Film Screening: “Blissville,” 6:30 p.m. Filmmaker Hank Linhart will screen and discuss his documentary film.
Wednesday, July 19
Art Workshop En Plein Air: Session 2, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Retired art teacher Carol Cotten will conduct free weekly art workshops in local scenic areas. The four-session workshop will happen Wednesday mornings, July 5, 12, 19 and 26. Pre-registration is required at the OPL, and art supplies must be purchased.
Tech Help, 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Volunteer technical advisers will be on hand to help device and laptop users get the most from their gear. No appointment is needed.
Yoga for Seniors, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Certified Hatha Yoga instructor Bill Skinner hosts a free weekly class for seniors each Wednesday in July.
Samantha, the American Girl Suffragette, 3 p.m. Teresa Wood, creator of History Houses in Rochester, will show how American Girl and Boy Dolls became involved in the women’s rights movement of the early 20th Century.
Thursday, July 20
Teen Coffeehouse Talks, 11 a.m. OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander will guide discussions on current teen topics. This week teenagers will focus on whether social media has changed our brains.
Silk marbling class March 3
Oneida library offers Family Tech Night, ‘Coco’ screening
Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville
Spring Dance Concert at Hamilton College March 2
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Silk marbling class March 3
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Oneida library offers Family Tech Night, ‘Coco’ screening
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Spring Dance Concert at Hamilton College March 2
- 4:00pm 02/14/1812th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon Saturday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Drawing classes with Imundo start Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Winter break events at Oneida library include Dinosaur Dig, crafts
- 4:00pm 02/14/18History center offers book sale
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Park marks Douglass’ 200th birthday
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Two exhibits open in Hamilton