Oneida library events include picnic, Lip Sync Battle, carnival
ONEIDA — Oneida Public Library has released its schedule of events for August and Labor Day weekend.
Tuesdays at 2 p.m.: Yoga for Seniors, free and open to beginners. The class is taught by instructor Bill Skinner and focuses on safe and practical yoga postures.
Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m.: The Memory Sketchbook, a five-session workshop instructed by art teacher Carol Cotten, demonstrating how to “mind map” personal memories in words and images. Class space limited to 22 students and advance registration is required.
Thursday, Aug. 9, at 6 p.m.: Drum circle and community picnic in Allen Park on Broad Street, led by Ibrahim Samura, Breyt Coakley and Marco Rodegher. Attendees should pack a picnic dinner and a blanket or lawn chairs, and are encouraged to bring their drums or to sing along. Games and treats will be available for children.
Monday, Aug., 13 at 1 p.m.: “The Leisure Seeker” (2017) starring Helen Mirren and Donald Sutherland to be screen in the library.
Tuesday, Aug., 14 at 12 p.m.: “The Neverending Story” (1984) starring Barret Oliver and Noah Hatheway to be screened in the library.
Wednesday, Aug. 15, at 6 p.m.: A Lip Sync Battle for younger teens, featuring contemporary hits. Advance registration required.
Thursday, Aug. 16, at 7 p.m.: Great War Book discussion continues in this fourth meeting, focusing on Mary Borden’s “The Forbidden Zone.”
Monday-Friday, Aug. 20-24, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.: First Lego League Robotics Workshop, instructed by two Rome Lab technicians. Students will build and program a Lego robot.
Monday, Aug. 27, at 1 p.m.: “Isle of Dogs” (2018) starring Bryan Cranston and Edward Norton to be screened in the library.
Tuesday, Aug. 28, at 7:15 p.m.: OPL Board of Trustees Meeting in the library’s history room, open to the public.
Friday, Aug. 31, at 10 a.m.: End of Summer Carnival on the library lawn, to feature games, treats and an appearance from the Utica Zoomobile.
Monday, Sept. 3: In observance of Labor Day, the library will be closed.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight