Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
ONEIDA — The Oneida Community Mansion House will offer free admission to its museum to all patrons with a Smithsonian Institution voucher on Saturday, Sept. 22. Vouchers are available online for free.
Guided tours of the mansion will be given at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and a special tour of the grounds focused on the complex’s architecture will be given at noon. Self-guided tours are available throughout the day. Without the voucher, tours are $5, $3 for students and children under 12 are free.
The Oneida Community Mansion House was once home to the 19th century utopian Oneida Community, from 1848 to 1880. Today, it houses a museum, overnight lodging, a banquet hall, and public meeting space. The Mansion House is a National Historic Landmark, and the museum is chartered through the state Department of Education.
The Oneida Community Mansion House is located at 170 Kenwood, Ave. To get a Smithsonian Institution voucher, visit smithsonianmag.com/museumday/venues/museum/oneida-community-mansion-house. For more information on the Mansion House, visit oneidacommunity.org.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight