NY Central topic of railway society event
NEW HARTFORD — The Utica and Mohawk Valley Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society will meet at 7 p.m. on Friday at the Zion Lutheran Church on the corner of French and Burrstone roads.
There will be the business portion conducted by President Harry Lenz. After a break, past Utica and Mohawk Valley chapter president Al Gorney will give a presentation on the Adirondack Division of the New York Central, which was seen at the New York Central Historical Society in 2015.
This meeting is open to anyone who is interested in railroads and railroad history.
All retired and active railroad personnel are specifically invited.
The business report will nclude reports on the repair of New York Central 6721, the one day bus trip to Delaware and Ulster, the Amtrak trip to Roanoke, Va., the annual banquet in Utica’s Union Station, the exhibit at the Children’s Museum, the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, plus more activities and projects ahead for the chapter in the coming months.
Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
- 4:00pm 06/20/18MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
- 4:00pm 06/20/18View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
- 4:00pm 06/20/18‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Literature of the Great War Thursday at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Jervis offers genealogy workshop June 26
- 4:00pm 06/20/18World War I topic of talk Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Fusion announces contest winners
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Jervis House tours start June 16
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History center displays restored 1920s fire truck