NY Central topic of railway society event
NEW HARTFORD — The Utica and Mohawk Valley Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society will meet at 7 p.m. on Friday at the Zion Lutheran Church on the corner of French and Burrstone roads.
There will be the business portion conducted by President Harry Lenz. After a break, past Utica and Mohawk Valley chapter president Al Gorney will give a presentation on the Adirondack Division of the New York Central, which was seen at the New York Central Historical Society in 2015.
This meeting is open to anyone who is interested in railroads and railroad history.
All retired and active railroad personnel are specifically invited.
The business report will nclude reports on the repair of New York Central 6721, the one day bus trip to Delaware and Ulster, the Amtrak trip to Roanoke, Va., the annual banquet in Utica’s Union Station, the exhibit at the Children’s Museum, the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, plus more activities and projects ahead for the chapter in the coming months.
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event