NY Central topic of railway society event
NEW HARTFORD — The Utica and Mohawk Valley Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society will meet at 7 p.m. on Friday at the Zion Lutheran Church on the corner of French and Burrstone roads.
There will be the business portion conducted by President Harry Lenz. After a break, past Utica and Mohawk Valley chapter president Al Gorney will give a presentation on the Adirondack Division of the New York Central, which was seen at the New York Central Historical Society in 2015.
This meeting is open to anyone who is interested in railroads and railroad history.
All retired and active railroad personnel are specifically invited.
The business report will nclude reports on the repair of New York Central 6721, the one day bus trip to Delaware and Ulster, the Amtrak trip to Roanoke, Va., the annual banquet in Utica’s Union Station, the exhibit at the Children’s Museum, the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, plus more activities and projects ahead for the chapter in the coming months.
Book follows family’s life on Tug Hill
Antique Appraisals March 22 at Unity Hall
Jervis offers tech help
Tug Hill photo contest underway
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Book follows family’s life on Tug Hill
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Antique Appraisals March 22 at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Jervis offers tech help
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Tug Hill photo contest underway
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Peter G. Smith subject of talk Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Historical center serves annual Irish Tea Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Works in Progress Reception March 21 at Sculpture Space
- 4:00pm 03/08/18NY Central topic of railway society event
- 4:00pm 03/07/18Artists sought for Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors
- 4:00pm 03/07/18Bottle-Making Workshop Saturday at View