Men’s Voices of the River starts rehearsals July 16
LYONS FALLS — Rehearsals for the men-only non-auditioned Voices of the River group will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 16.
Director Jason Matteson has announced the 2017 Voices of the River concert, entitled “Tenting Tonight”, and featuring music from America’s Civil War period, will be held on Sunday, Aug. 27, at 3 p.m. at the Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls.
All rehearsals will take place at the Forest Presbyterian Church. After July 16, rehearsals will be held:Sundays, July 23 and 30, at 2 p.m.; Tuesday, Aug. 8, at 6:30 p.m.; and Sundays, Aug. 13 and 20, at 2 p.m.
In keeping with the Voices of the River’s long tradition in the North Country, it will remain a men-only group.
“We hope to welcome our returning members and anyone who couldn’t make it last year,” says Matteson. “The bigger the choir, the better it is!”
No audition is required, “just a desire to sing and to take part in what will be an occasionally challenging but moving musical tribute to this critical time in America’s history,” he said.
Some of the songs that have been chosen include “Go Down Moses”, “When Johnny Comes Marching Home”, “Battle Cry of Freedom”, and “River in Judea.”
Anyone with questions should contact Matteson at email@example.com.
‘Art is a Consuming Fire’ exhibit opens May 3
Adirondack Mountain Club meets May 1
Spring Open House at Fusion Art Gallery
Stamp Club meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/25/18‘Art is a Consuming Fire’ exhibit opens May 3
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Adirondack Mountain Club meets May 1
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Spring Open House at Fusion Art Gallery
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Stamp Club meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/25/18B Sharp Music Club performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Artist reception Thursday for Anita Moonan
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Railway Historical Society gathers Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Duo performs Civil War themed concert
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly