Men’s Voices of the River starts rehearsals July 16
LYONS FALLS — Rehearsals for the men-only non-auditioned Voices of the River group will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 16.
Director Jason Matteson has announced the 2017 Voices of the River concert, entitled “Tenting Tonight”, and featuring music from America’s Civil War period, will be held on Sunday, Aug. 27, at 3 p.m. at the Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls.
All rehearsals will take place at the Forest Presbyterian Church. After July 16, rehearsals will be held:Sundays, July 23 and 30, at 2 p.m.; Tuesday, Aug. 8, at 6:30 p.m.; and Sundays, Aug. 13 and 20, at 2 p.m.
In keeping with the Voices of the River’s long tradition in the North Country, it will remain a men-only group.
“We hope to welcome our returning members and anyone who couldn’t make it last year,” says Matteson. “The bigger the choir, the better it is!”
No audition is required, “just a desire to sing and to take part in what will be an occasionally challenging but moving musical tribute to this critical time in America’s history,” he said.
Some of the songs that have been chosen include “Go Down Moses”, “When Johnny Comes Marching Home”, “Battle Cry of Freedom”, and “River in Judea.”
Anyone with questions should contact Matteson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author Bob Hocking in Utica Saturday
‘Ballots, Bloomers, and Marmalade’ event this weekend in Peterboro
Old Forge Library hosts ‘Blissville: An Investigation’
Chairs 4 Children event aids Neighborhood Center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Author Bob Hocking in Utica Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Ballots, Bloomers, and Marmalade’ event this weekend in Peterboro
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Old Forge Library hosts ‘Blissville: An Investigation’
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Chairs 4 Children event aids Neighborhood Center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Marmalade, Bloomer Tea and other fares at Peterboro
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Watercolor workshop, Music in Motion at Oneida library this week
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Game of Life’ on stage Friday
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Farms subject of historical society meeting
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Back to School’ program in Pulaski Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Our Word is Our Weapon’ lecture Sept. 27