Men’s Voices of the River starts rehearsals July 16
LYONS FALLS — Rehearsals for the men-only non-auditioned Voices of the River group will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 16.
Director Jason Matteson has announced the 2017 Voices of the River concert, entitled “Tenting Tonight”, and featuring music from America’s Civil War period, will be held on Sunday, Aug. 27, at 3 p.m. at the Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls.
All rehearsals will take place at the Forest Presbyterian Church. After July 16, rehearsals will be held:Sundays, July 23 and 30, at 2 p.m.; Tuesday, Aug. 8, at 6:30 p.m.; and Sundays, Aug. 13 and 20, at 2 p.m.
In keeping with the Voices of the River’s long tradition in the North Country, it will remain a men-only group.
“We hope to welcome our returning members and anyone who couldn’t make it last year,” says Matteson. “The bigger the choir, the better it is!”
No audition is required, “just a desire to sing and to take part in what will be an occasionally challenging but moving musical tribute to this critical time in America’s history,” he said.
Some of the songs that have been chosen include “Go Down Moses”, “When Johnny Comes Marching Home”, “Battle Cry of Freedom”, and “River in Judea.”
Anyone with questions should contact Matteson at email@example.com.
80-year-old photograph wins Gems honor
Societies tell New Hartford history through images
Library hosts ‘Good Morning Loon’ family event
View Ice Cream Social Friday
- 4:00pm 07/26/1780-year-old photograph wins Gems honor
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Societies tell New Hartford history through images
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Library hosts ‘Good Morning Loon’ family event
- 4:00pm 07/26/17View Ice Cream Social Friday
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Tony Holtzman presents new book Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Teen talk, board games at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Children’s play at library Monday
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Jervis screens ‘The Battle of Oriskany’ Aug. 1 and 3
- 4:00pm 07/21/17Magician at library Tuesday
- 4:01pm 07/19/17Hall of Fame, Living Legends picked