McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
OLD FORGE — New York Times best selling author Alison McGhee will give a book presentation at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 14 at the Old Forge Library. Her novel, “Never Coming Back,” is set in Old Forge. It explores the relationship between a mother and daughter on the brink of reconnecting, even as they must both come to terms with the mother’s early-onset Alzheimer’s.
McGhee writes for all ages in all forms, from novels to poems to books for children. Her Pulitzer Prize-nominated novel, “Shadow Baby,” was a Today Show Book Club pick, and her picture book for adults, “Someday,” was a top New York Times bestseller. Her work has been translated into more than 20 languages, and she has won dozens of fellowships and awards, including four Minnesota Book Awards, the Geisel medal, Loft artist fellowships, a Christopher Award, a MacDowell residency and several American Library Association awards.
McGhee grew up south of Old Forge, in the foothills of the Adirondacks, has three grown children and lives a semi-nomadic life in Minneapolis, Vermont and California. Her most recent book is “What I Leave Behind,” which debuted May 15. Another Adirondack novel, tentatively titled Choose, will be published in the fall of 2019.
Books will be available for purchase and author’s signing after McGhee’s presentation.
Tractor safety course scheduled
Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight
Collins performs his play on bullying Oct. 13
October events at OPL include play, acrylic painting and spooky lock in
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight
- 4:00pm 10/10/18Collins performs his play on bullying Oct. 13
- 4:00pm 10/10/18October events at OPL include play, acrylic painting and spooky lock in
- 4:00pm 10/10/18Fiber arts guild meets Oct. 18
- 4:00pm 10/10/18Model Railroad Show in Remsen
- 4:00pm 10/10/18Beethoven tribute concerts planned
- 4:00pm 10/10/18View offers Raku class Oct. 20, 21
- 4:00pm 10/10/18Museum offers 19th century heritage dinner Oct. 20
- 4:00pm 10/10/18Tech help offered at Jervis Public Library in October