Mary Sanders Shartle emcee’s writer’s Open Mic Night
OLD FORGE — Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd., will host an Open Mic Night for Writers at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15.
The public may share and read from their own work or attend to listen. Those planning on participating should call the library at 315-369-6008, but walk-ins are also welcome.
Readings are held to inspire writers and create opportunities. They are co-sponsored by the Old Forge Library and the Adirondack Center for Writing.
Mary Sanders Shartle, poet and author, will emcee the event and share some of her work.
Shartle was awarded a 2007 individual artist’s grant from the state Council of the Arts to complete her book, “The Truth and Legend of Lily Martindale,” which set in the fictional
Adirondack town of Winslow Station.
She is a member of “The Three Poets” with colleagues Marilyn McCabe and Elaine Handley, who are three-time winners of the Adirondack Center for Writing Literary Award for best book of poetry for their chapbooks. In January 2014, she was a finalist in the Tupelo Press Open Prose competition.
Shartle sits on the board of the Adirondack Center for Writing. She teaches numerous writing workshops for adults, children and teens and regularly hosts book discussion groups for Road Scholars (Elder Hostel) at Great Camp Sagamore.
She is familiar to the Old Forge Library, serving as director of this year’s Summer Writers Workshops and as a judge for the library’s annual poetry and illustration contest.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight