Mansion House marks International Archaelogy Day Saturday
The Oneida Community Mansion House, 170 Kenwood Ave., Oneida, will host an event on International Archaelogy Day, Saturday, Oct. 21, at 10:30 a.m.
Admission is $7, $3 for students and free for members.
“The Oneida Community (1848-1880) built a communal home consisting of dozens of buildings and hundreds of acres of land, which they used to support their specific ways of life, work, and thought,” organizers said. During International Archaeology Day participants will seek out evidence of those past uses and try to locate built evidence to re-imagine how life was lived by the Oneida Community, its regional antecedents and descendants.
Participants should wear comfortable hiking or walking shoes and appropriate clothing for the weather. Binoculars and cameras are encouraged. Call 315-363-0745 or visit www.oneidacommunity.org for more information.
12th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon Saturday in Old Forge
Drawing classes with Imundo start Feb. 20
Winter break events at Oneida library include Dinosaur Dig, crafts
History center offers book sale
- 4:00pm 02/14/1812th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon Saturday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Drawing classes with Imundo start Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Winter break events at Oneida library include Dinosaur Dig, crafts
- 4:00pm 02/14/18History center offers book sale
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Park marks Douglass’ 200th birthday
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Two exhibits open in Hamilton
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Library hosts stargazing event
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Register for felting class by Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/07/18Clinton hockey history event Feb. 9
- 4:00pm 02/07/18Oneida library offers golf lesson, Valentine’s Day event