Local author Chip Haley to talk at Jervis
Chip Haley, author of “Rome Through Our History,” will speak at 2 p.m. on Saturday in the accessible auditorium at Jervis Public Library.
The book features more than 200 local history columns Haley has written as a volunteer for the Rome Historical Society for publication in the Rome Sentinel. Topics in the 103-page book include Romans awarded the Medal of Honor, famous Rome authors and historic downtown buildings.
During the program, she will talk about some of her favorite columns and the unusual ways she obtained information included in them. After the program, Haley will be on hand to sell and autograph copies of her book, which sells for $15.
Haley worked at the Rome Sentinel Co. for more than 20 years as a reporter and editor. She was also an adjunct professor at SUNY Utica-Rome, now SUNY Poly, where she taught professional communications.
She holds bachelor’s degrees in journalism from the University of Missouri and in government from the University of Maryland, and a master’s degree is urban and regional planning from the University of Hawaii.
Haley and her husband Robert now reside in the town of Western.
This program is free and open to the public. For more information, ask at the Reference Desk or call the library at 315-336-4570.
12th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon Saturday in Old Forge
Drawing classes with Imundo start Feb. 20
Winter break events at Oneida library include Dinosaur Dig, crafts
History center offers book sale
- 4:00pm 02/14/1812th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon Saturday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Drawing classes with Imundo start Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Winter break events at Oneida library include Dinosaur Dig, crafts
- 4:00pm 02/14/18History center offers book sale
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Park marks Douglass’ 200th birthday
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Two exhibits open in Hamilton
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Library hosts stargazing event
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Register for felting class by Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/07/18Clinton hockey history event Feb. 9
- 4:00pm 02/07/18Oneida library offers golf lesson, Valentine’s Day event