Local author Chip Haley to talk at Jervis
Chip Haley, author of “Rome Through Our History,” will speak at 2 p.m. on Saturday in the accessible auditorium at Jervis Public Library.
The book features more than 200 local history columns Haley has written as a volunteer for the Rome Historical Society for publication in the Rome Sentinel. Topics in the 103-page book include Romans awarded the Medal of Honor, famous Rome authors and historic downtown buildings.
During the program, she will talk about some of her favorite columns and the unusual ways she obtained information included in them. After the program, Haley will be on hand to sell and autograph copies of her book, which sells for $15.
Haley worked at the Rome Sentinel Co. for more than 20 years as a reporter and editor. She was also an adjunct professor at SUNY Utica-Rome, now SUNY Poly, where she taught professional communications.
She holds bachelor’s degrees in journalism from the University of Missouri and in government from the University of Maryland, and a master’s degree is urban and regional planning from the University of Hawaii.
Haley and her husband Robert now reside in the town of Western.
This program is free and open to the public. For more information, ask at the Reference Desk or call the library at 315-336-4570.
Two exhibits open at MWPAI
MWPAI announces May events
Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Two exhibits open at MWPAI
- 4:00pm 05/16/18MWPAI announces May events
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Registration open for Botanical Watercolors workshop
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Preschoolers enjoy trip to Jervis Public Library
- 4:00pm 05/09/18‘Through Our Eyes’ exhibit opens in Cazenovia
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Unity Hall hosts children’s author Holly McGhee
- 4:00pm 05/09/18History center hosts author William J. O’Hern
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Disaster preparedness workshop May 16 at Jervis