Living Legend Awards announces honorees
Tickets are now on sale for the Oneida County History Center for the 18th annual Historical Hall of Fame/Living Legends Awards Banquet and Induction Ceremony on Oct. 3.
Nine individuals will be honored and recognized for their years of service as community leaders and for their efforts in furthering our region’s industries, culture, and educational opportunities.
The class of 2018 includes “Living Legends” Oneida County Historian Joseph P. Bottini, community advocate Edward Jackson, Reverend Joseph A. Salerno, Staffworks founder and animal rights activist Anita Vitullo, and Historical Hall of Fame inductees Rear Admiral Samuel Livingston Breese (1794-1870), Utica Public Library Director Alice Cynthia Dodge (1902-1984), educator Anthony Schepsis (1918-1987), Clinton Hockey trailblazer Edward Stanley (1906-1991), and Utica sports enthusiast Len Wilbur (1905-1965).
The Historical Hall of Fame/Living Legends Awards Banquet will be held at the Hart’s Hill Inn on Wednesday, Oct. 3, starting at 5 p.m. The evening features a reception and cocktail hour (cash bar), dinner buffet, Hall of Fame video presentation courtesy of SUNY Polytechnic Institute, speeches from the 2018 Living Legends inductees, and a silent auction.
Tickets are $60, $50 for current OCHC members, and $440 for tables of eight. All proceeds benefit the Oneida County History Center. Tickets should be purchased in advance by calling the History Center at 315-735-3642.
On the net: www.oneidacountyhistory.org
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event