Living Legend Awards announces honorees
Tickets are now on sale for the Oneida County History Center for the 18th annual Historical Hall of Fame/Living Legends Awards Banquet and Induction Ceremony on Oct. 3.
Nine individuals will be honored and recognized for their years of service as community leaders and for their efforts in furthering our region’s industries, culture, and educational opportunities.
The class of 2018 includes “Living Legends” Oneida County Historian Joseph P. Bottini, community advocate Edward Jackson, Reverend Joseph A. Salerno, Staffworks founder and animal rights activist Anita Vitullo, and Historical Hall of Fame inductees Rear Admiral Samuel Livingston Breese (1794-1870), Utica Public Library Director Alice Cynthia Dodge (1902-1984), educator Anthony Schepsis (1918-1987), Clinton Hockey trailblazer Edward Stanley (1906-1991), and Utica sports enthusiast Len Wilbur (1905-1965).
The Historical Hall of Fame/Living Legends Awards Banquet will be held at the Hart’s Hill Inn on Wednesday, Oct. 3, starting at 5 p.m. The evening features a reception and cocktail hour (cash bar), dinner buffet, Hall of Fame video presentation courtesy of SUNY Polytechnic Institute, speeches from the 2018 Living Legends inductees, and a silent auction.
Tickets are $60, $50 for current OCHC members, and $440 for tables of eight. All proceeds benefit the Oneida County History Center. Tickets should be purchased in advance by calling the History Center at 315-735-3642.
On the net: www.oneidacountyhistory.org
View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
Clinton Historical Society open house Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Clinton Historical Society open house Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Unity Hall hosts The Merry Pranksters Friday
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Sign-up for Vermont trip
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Gallery hosts ‘Doubly Mad’ reading Friday
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Political event Saturday at Utica library
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion