Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
OLD FORGE — The Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd., will offer Poetry Instruction Workshops on Saturday, Jan. 20.
Christine Holt will lead a workshop for Kindergarten through 6th grade students from 10 a.m. till noon. Christine is a veteran teacher and school administrator in the Inlet School District and utilizes a variety of teaching methods to captivate student’s attention.
Also from 10 a.m. till noon, grades 7 through 12 students will be taught by Alison Albright. Alison is a native of Old Forge who graduated from the Town of Webb Schools, class of ’77, and earned a Bachelor’s degree in English literature from the University of Rochester.
During her teaching career she taught courses in AP literature, non-fiction writing, poetic forms, and Mythological and Biblical literature. After retirement, she returned to Old Forge, where she enjoys reading and writing.
Star Livingstone will lead the Adult Workshop from 12:30-2:30 p.m. Star is a Writing Workshop Facilitator and the author of “Harley” which won the Children’s Choice award and is an American Library Association notable book. She has a lifelong interest in language, literature, and the uses and influences of words.
The Poetry Workshops are being offered in conjunction with the Library’s upcoming 2018 Annual Poetry and Illustration Exhibit: Shaping Your Landscape. Entries to the Exhibit will be accepted from Feb. 1- March 1.
Participants in the workshops are not required to enter their work and Exhibit entrants are not required to attend the workshops.
Registration for the workshops is appreciated but walk-ins are always welcome. Stop in or call the Library at 369-6008 to register.
These programs are funded by a partnership with CNY/Arts; New York State Council on the Arts with support from Governor Andrew Cuomo and the NYS Legislature, and The Friends of the Old Forge Library
Political event Saturday at Utica library
Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
Great Swamp Conservancy’s to host Fall Palooza Monday
Teapot pottery workshop with Panella planned for December
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Political event Saturday at Utica library
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Great Swamp Conservancy’s to host Fall Palooza Monday
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Teapot pottery workshop with Panella planned for December
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Old Main topic of author talk at Jervis
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Fallen Soldiers tribute murals on display
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Veterans’ Day show and tell
- 4:00pm 11/07/18View offers beginner pottery workshops
- 4:00pm 11/07/18‘Last Woman Hanged’ talk Friday
- 4:00pm 11/07/18Historical Society marks Armistice