Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
OLD FORGE — The Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd., will offer Poetry Instruction Workshops on Saturday, Jan. 20.
Christine Holt will lead a workshop for Kindergarten through 6th grade students from 10 a.m. till noon. Christine is a veteran teacher and school administrator in the Inlet School District and utilizes a variety of teaching methods to captivate student’s attention.
Also from 10 a.m. till noon, grades 7 through 12 students will be taught by Alison Albright. Alison is a native of Old Forge who graduated from the Town of Webb Schools, class of ’77, and earned a Bachelor’s degree in English literature from the University of Rochester.
During her teaching career she taught courses in AP literature, non-fiction writing, poetic forms, and Mythological and Biblical literature. After retirement, she returned to Old Forge, where she enjoys reading and writing.
Star Livingstone will lead the Adult Workshop from 12:30-2:30 p.m. Star is a Writing Workshop Facilitator and the author of “Harley” which won the Children’s Choice award and is an American Library Association notable book. She has a lifelong interest in language, literature, and the uses and influences of words.
The Poetry Workshops are being offered in conjunction with the Library’s upcoming 2018 Annual Poetry and Illustration Exhibit: Shaping Your Landscape. Entries to the Exhibit will be accepted from Feb. 1- March 1.
Participants in the workshops are not required to enter their work and Exhibit entrants are not required to attend the workshops.
Registration for the workshops is appreciated but walk-ins are always welcome. Stop in or call the Library at 369-6008 to register.
These programs are funded by a partnership with CNY/Arts; New York State Council on the Arts with support from Governor Andrew Cuomo and the NYS Legislature, and The Friends of the Old Forge Library
Two exhibits open at MWPAI
MWPAI announces May events
Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Two exhibits open at MWPAI
- 4:00pm 05/16/18MWPAI announces May events
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Registration open for Botanical Watercolors workshop
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Preschoolers enjoy trip to Jervis Public Library
- 4:00pm 05/09/18‘Through Our Eyes’ exhibit opens in Cazenovia
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Unity Hall hosts children’s author Holly McGhee
- 4:00pm 05/09/18History center hosts author William J. O’Hern
- 4:00pm 05/09/18Disaster preparedness workshop May 16 at Jervis