Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
OLD FORGE — The Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd., will offer Poetry Instruction Workshops on Saturday, Jan. 20.
Christine Holt will lead a workshop for Kindergarten through 6th grade students from 10 a.m. till noon. Christine is a veteran teacher and school administrator in the Inlet School District and utilizes a variety of teaching methods to captivate student’s attention.
Also from 10 a.m. till noon, grades 7 through 12 students will be taught by Alison Albright. Alison is a native of Old Forge who graduated from the Town of Webb Schools, class of ’77, and earned a Bachelor’s degree in English literature from the University of Rochester.
During her teaching career she taught courses in AP literature, non-fiction writing, poetic forms, and Mythological and Biblical literature. After retirement, she returned to Old Forge, where she enjoys reading and writing.
Star Livingstone will lead the Adult Workshop from 12:30-2:30 p.m. Star is a Writing Workshop Facilitator and the author of “Harley” which won the Children’s Choice award and is an American Library Association notable book. She has a lifelong interest in language, literature, and the uses and influences of words.
The Poetry Workshops are being offered in conjunction with the Library’s upcoming 2018 Annual Poetry and Illustration Exhibit: Shaping Your Landscape. Entries to the Exhibit will be accepted from Feb. 1- March 1.
Participants in the workshops are not required to enter their work and Exhibit entrants are not required to attend the workshops.
Registration for the workshops is appreciated but walk-ins are always welcome. Stop in or call the Library at 369-6008 to register.
These programs are funded by a partnership with CNY/Arts; New York State Council on the Arts with support from Governor Andrew Cuomo and the NYS Legislature, and The Friends of the Old Forge Library
12th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon Saturday in Old Forge
Drawing classes with Imundo start Feb. 20
Winter break events at Oneida library include Dinosaur Dig, crafts
History center offers book sale
- 4:00pm 02/14/1812th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon Saturday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Drawing classes with Imundo start Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Winter break events at Oneida library include Dinosaur Dig, crafts
- 4:00pm 02/14/18History center offers book sale
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Park marks Douglass’ 200th birthday
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Two exhibits open in Hamilton
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Library hosts stargazing event
- 4:00pm 02/14/18Register for felting class by Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/07/18Clinton hockey history event Feb. 9
- 4:00pm 02/07/18Oneida library offers golf lesson, Valentine’s Day event