History center holds annual telethon April 3
The Oneida County History Center will hold its 13th annual telethon broadcast LIVE on WUTR-TV from 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, April 3.
Call 315-735-3642 during the telethon to pledge support. Callers can renew their membership or make a donation.
The special event is the history center’s largest annual fundraiser. The telethon will be held at the history center, located at 1608 Genesee St. in Utica, and will be hosted by long-time emcee Joe Kelly and Oneida County Tourism Executive Director Kelly Blazosky. Members of the public are invited to watch from the gallery balcony or tune in at home.
The Oneida County History Center telethon is an annual fundraiser to benefit the history center’s ongoing operations and public service efforts. Telethon funding is used in part to build new exhibits, underwrite special programming, and support operation of the center’s library for historical and genealogical research.
Several special prize drawings will be held during the broadcast. Viewers who join or renew their memberships during the telethon, and non-members who make a pledge, will be eligible to win an Oneida County Tourism gift basket, Oneida County History Center gift package, or other prizes from the local business community. The phone number to call in a membership renewal or pledge is 315-735-3642.
Nick Piccininni performs Friday
Unity Hall screens ‘The Allman Brothers Band: Live at the Beacon Theatre’ Tuesday
Adirondack Storytelling Festival Sunday
‘Wilderness Songs’ exhibit opens Saturday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Nick Piccininni performs Friday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Unity Hall screens ‘The Allman Brothers Band: Live at the Beacon Theatre’ Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Adirondack Storytelling Festival Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/18/18‘Wilderness Songs’ exhibit opens Saturday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Historian presents ‘The Fulton Chain’ book Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/18/18New repair shop activity opens at Utica Children’s Museum
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Kirkland Art Center offers camp, classes for kids
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Children’s reading, illustration seminar Thursday with Doug Salati at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Writing, publishing and marketing seminar Friday in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Historical Society meets July 24