History center holds annual telethon April 3
The Oneida County History Center will hold its 13th annual telethon broadcast LIVE on WUTR-TV from 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, April 3.
Call 315-735-3642 during the telethon to pledge support. Callers can renew their membership or make a donation.
The special event is the history center’s largest annual fundraiser. The telethon will be held at the history center, located at 1608 Genesee St. in Utica, and will be hosted by long-time emcee Joe Kelly and Oneida County Tourism Executive Director Kelly Blazosky. Members of the public are invited to watch from the gallery balcony or tune in at home.
The Oneida County History Center telethon is an annual fundraiser to benefit the history center’s ongoing operations and public service efforts. Telethon funding is used in part to build new exhibits, underwrite special programming, and support operation of the center’s library for historical and genealogical research.
Several special prize drawings will be held during the broadcast. Viewers who join or renew their memberships during the telethon, and non-members who make a pledge, will be eligible to win an Oneida County Tourism gift basket, Oneida County History Center gift package, or other prizes from the local business community. The phone number to call in a membership renewal or pledge is 315-735-3642.
Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
Duo performs Civil War themed concert
Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Duo performs Civil War themed concert
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Black River Canal Museum hosts ‘Era of Navigation’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Encaustic painting workshop April 28-29 at View
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Jervis offers Online Genealogy help session Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Zoomobile visits Remsen library Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18MWPAI screens ‘Eve and the Fire Horse’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Screen-Free Week events at Pulaski Historical Society