Historian presents ‘The Fulton Chain’ book Tuesday
OLD FORGE — The Old Forge Public Library will host author and historian Charles Herr to present his book, “The Fulton Chain: Early Settlements, Steamboats, Railroads and Hotels,” on Tuesday, July 24 at 7 p.m.
Copies of the book will be available for purchase and for signing at the event, as well as in Old Forge and Inlet area bookstores. The program is open to the public.
Herr’s book documents the story of the men and women whose lives shaped the Fulton Chain of lakes.
Published last summer, Herr’s “The Fulton Chain” is the first comprehensive history of the region in over 70 years. Herr’s stated goal was to explore the Fulton Chain’s history prior to 1930, on which little is written.
Herr’s study of the Fulton Chain’s history began after he and his wife purchase a cabin in the Inlet area in the early 1980s. He has since worked at the Goodsell Museum in Old Forge, the Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain Lake, and helped to establish the Inlet Historical Society, in addition to writing historical columns in The Weekly Adirondack.
For more information on this event or others at the Old Forge Library, visit oldforgelibrary.org or call 315-369-6008.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight