PERFORMANCE APRIL 21 — Amanda Straney and Bill Fahy
Duo performs Civil War themed concert
Join Bill Fahy and Amanda Straney as they perform music of the Civil War on banjo, guitar and fiddle at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 21, at the Oneida County History Center’s main gallery, 1608 Genesee St., Utica.
The duo will also share the stories behind the songs with letters and accounts from soldiers of Oneida County and New York State. This family-friendly program celebrates “the first real American music” – the music of the Civil War.
Fahy sings and plays guitar and banjo and has been performing for over 20 years in Central New York with Craobh Dugan, Rattling Bog and as a duet with Straney. She sings and plays the fiddle. In addition to performing with Fahy she also plays with Rattling Bog and was a member of the Blarney Rebel Band.
Admission to this program is free for the general public; donations are encouraged. Contact the center at 315-735-3642 or visit www.oneidacountyhistory.org for additional information.
Herkimer Home opens Saturday
View offers ceramics workshop June 2
Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/22/18View offers Healing with Nature Workshop Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Two exhibits open at MWPAI
- 4:00pm 05/16/18MWPAI announces May events
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23