PERFORMANCE APRIL 21 — Amanda Straney and Bill Fahy
Duo performs Civil War themed concert
Join Bill Fahy and Amanda Straney as they perform music of the Civil War on banjo, guitar and fiddle at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 21, at the Oneida County History Center’s main gallery, 1608 Genesee St., Utica.
The duo will also share the stories behind the songs with letters and accounts from soldiers of Oneida County and New York State. This family-friendly program celebrates “the first real American music” – the music of the Civil War.
Fahy sings and plays guitar and banjo and has been performing for over 20 years in Central New York with Craobh Dugan, Rattling Bog and as a duet with Straney. She sings and plays the fiddle. In addition to performing with Fahy she also plays with Rattling Bog and was a member of the Blarney Rebel Band.
Admission to this program is free for the general public; donations are encouraged. Contact the center at 315-735-3642 or visit www.oneidacountyhistory.org for additional information.
View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/15/18History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Jervis offers online genealogy workshop Aug. 27
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Steuben Old Home Days slated for Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
- 4:00pm 08/08/18McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Historic walking tour in Leonardsville