Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
HAMILTON — Col. Mark Scureman (U.S. Army Ret.), author of “The Boss’s Challenge: Manage Well, Lead Well and Listen” will be on hand to sign books at the Colgate Bookstore on Saturday, June 23, from 10:30am - 11:30 am.
“The Boss’s Challenge” begins with the premise that many people quit their boss, not their job.
The book is billed as offering down to earth themes for managers and leaders at all levels to help them understand the complex demands of their position, then gives them the tools to succeed. “This is a compelling, entertaining and easy to read book on management and leadership that uses storytelling to engage the reader and illustrate complex ideas.”
“Col. Mark Scureman says it all about how to be a great leader! Drawing from both his experiences in the military and business, as well as the most distinguished thinkers on leadership, Scureman has written a jewel: succinct, insightful and, most of all, wise.”
— General (Ret.) Wesley Clark, former Supreme Allied Commander Europe in NATO
Col. Scureman is a graduate of West Point, where he was an All-American athlete. He served in combat as a member of the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam, then served in a range of Army command and leadership positions. Mark is a graduate of the Army’s Command and General Staff College, holds Masters degrees in both Business Administration and Education and has served as a management/leadership consultant and trainer for business and governmental organizations throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe.
The next event at the bookstore will be a Harry Potter Costume Competition in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the publication of “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” on June 26 at 4:30 p.m.
The bookstore is located on Lebanon and Utica streets. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sundays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information on this or other upcoming events at the bookstore, call 877-362-7666.
On the net: calendar.colgate.edu/colgate_bookstore
View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
Clinton Historical Society open house Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Clinton Historical Society open house Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Unity Hall hosts The Merry Pranksters Friday
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Sign-up for Vermont trip
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Gallery hosts ‘Doubly Mad’ reading Friday
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Political event Saturday at Utica library
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion