Classics concert rehearsals start Sunday
Rehearsals begin Sunday, Jan. 8, for a concert entitled “Adirondack Combined Community Chorus Sings the Classics.”
The concert will take place at the Forest Presbyterian Church on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 4 p.m.
New members who were unable to attend the first rehearsal are invited and welcome to join on Jan. 15, but note that there only will be five more rehearsals before the concert. Therefore, they are urged to make every effort to attend all of the remaining rehearsals.
This concert will be directed by Kendra Virkler, choral director at Beaver River Central School, and accompanied on the piano by Mel Chalker and Sylvia Fici.
The program will include “Gloria in Excelsis Deo” by Vivaldi, “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” by Bach, “Dies Irae” from Mozart’s “Requiem”, “Hallelujah” from the “Mount of Olives” by Beethoven, among other classic pieces.
The remaining rehearsal schedule will be as follows.
On Sundays, Jan. 8, 15 and 22, two duplicate rehearsals will be held at the same time: one in Lowville with Virkler at the Lowville Presbyterian Church at 7707 State Street at 1 p.m., and the other at the Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls on the corner of Main and Center Streets at 1 p.m. with Peg Nuspliger.
This first set of rehearsals will each cover the same material, so members may attend whichever set is most convenient.
Then, on Sundays, Jan. 29 and Feb. 5, and Thursday, Feb. 9, the rehearsals will be held together in one place, at Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls, also at 1 p.m.
For more information, go online to the Adirondack Community Chorus website at www.adkcommunitychorus.webs.com.
Vernon Historical plans Show and Tell Tuesday
Free Wellin Kids event Friday
40 Years of Harmony concert rehearsals start Sunday
Poet Baca gives free reading March 1
- 4:00pm 02/23/17Vernon Historical plans Show and Tell Tuesday
- 4:00pm 02/22/17Free Wellin Kids event Friday
- 4:00pm 02/22/1740 Years of Harmony concert rehearsals start Sunday
- 4:00pm 02/22/17Poet Baca gives free reading March 1
- 4:00pm 02/17/17Free F.I.L.M. series focuses on comedy
- 4:00pm 02/15/17Winter break programs offered in Oneida library
- 4:00pm 02/15/17Three-day snow art event at View
- 4:00pm 02/15/17Lessons on success topic of Hamilton lecture Tuesday
- 4:00pm 02/15/17Camera club exhibit opens Feb. 22
- 4:00pm 02/15/17‘Freedom Riders’ film showing in Jervis Feb. 23