Classics concert rehearsals start Sunday
Rehearsals begin Sunday, Jan. 8, for a concert entitled “Adirondack Combined Community Chorus Sings the Classics.”
The concert will take place at the Forest Presbyterian Church on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 4 p.m.
New members who were unable to attend the first rehearsal are invited and welcome to join on Jan. 15, but note that there only will be five more rehearsals before the concert. Therefore, they are urged to make every effort to attend all of the remaining rehearsals.
This concert will be directed by Kendra Virkler, choral director at Beaver River Central School, and accompanied on the piano by Mel Chalker and Sylvia Fici.
The program will include “Gloria in Excelsis Deo” by Vivaldi, “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” by Bach, “Dies Irae” from Mozart’s “Requiem”, “Hallelujah” from the “Mount of Olives” by Beethoven, among other classic pieces.
The remaining rehearsal schedule will be as follows.
On Sundays, Jan. 8, 15 and 22, two duplicate rehearsals will be held at the same time: one in Lowville with Virkler at the Lowville Presbyterian Church at 7707 State Street at 1 p.m., and the other at the Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls on the corner of Main and Center Streets at 1 p.m. with Peg Nuspliger.
This first set of rehearsals will each cover the same material, so members may attend whichever set is most convenient.
Then, on Sundays, Jan. 29 and Feb. 5, and Thursday, Feb. 9, the rehearsals will be held together in one place, at Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls, also at 1 p.m.
For more information, go online to the Adirondack Community Chorus website at www.adkcommunitychorus.webs.com.
Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
Duo performs Civil War themed concert
Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Duo performs Civil War themed concert
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Black River Canal Museum hosts ‘Era of Navigation’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Encaustic painting workshop April 28-29 at View
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Jervis offers Online Genealogy help session Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Zoomobile visits Remsen library Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18MWPAI screens ‘Eve and the Fire Horse’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Screen-Free Week events at Pulaski Historical Society