Classics concert rehearsals start Sunday
Rehearsals begin Sunday, Jan. 8, for a concert entitled “Adirondack Combined Community Chorus Sings the Classics.”
The concert will take place at the Forest Presbyterian Church on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 4 p.m.
New members who were unable to attend the first rehearsal are invited and welcome to join on Jan. 15, but note that there only will be five more rehearsals before the concert. Therefore, they are urged to make every effort to attend all of the remaining rehearsals.
This concert will be directed by Kendra Virkler, choral director at Beaver River Central School, and accompanied on the piano by Mel Chalker and Sylvia Fici.
The program will include “Gloria in Excelsis Deo” by Vivaldi, “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” by Bach, “Dies Irae” from Mozart’s “Requiem”, “Hallelujah” from the “Mount of Olives” by Beethoven, among other classic pieces.
The remaining rehearsal schedule will be as follows.
On Sundays, Jan. 8, 15 and 22, two duplicate rehearsals will be held at the same time: one in Lowville with Virkler at the Lowville Presbyterian Church at 7707 State Street at 1 p.m., and the other at the Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls on the corner of Main and Center Streets at 1 p.m. with Peg Nuspliger.
This first set of rehearsals will each cover the same material, so members may attend whichever set is most convenient.
Then, on Sundays, Jan. 29 and Feb. 5, and Thursday, Feb. 9, the rehearsals will be held together in one place, at Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls, also at 1 p.m.
For more information, go online to the Adirondack Community Chorus website at www.adkcommunitychorus.webs.com.
Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library
RACC offers basketry classes
Croghan marks Ancestor Day
Martha Deming, Barbara Kellogg exhibits open at View
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/21/17RACC offers basketry classes
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Croghan marks Ancestor Day
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Martha Deming, Barbara Kellogg exhibits open at View
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Jervis library book series explores history of Erie Canal
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Artist talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Battle of Oriskany event in Herkimer
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Genealogical Society to meet Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Show and Tell at History Club
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Rome sites among Landmark Society’s ‘Walks and Talks’ program