Classics concert rehearsals start Sunday
Rehearsals begin Sunday, Jan. 8, for a concert entitled “Adirondack Combined Community Chorus Sings the Classics.”
The concert will take place at the Forest Presbyterian Church on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 4 p.m.
New members who were unable to attend the first rehearsal are invited and welcome to join on Jan. 15, but note that there only will be five more rehearsals before the concert. Therefore, they are urged to make every effort to attend all of the remaining rehearsals.
This concert will be directed by Kendra Virkler, choral director at Beaver River Central School, and accompanied on the piano by Mel Chalker and Sylvia Fici.
The program will include “Gloria in Excelsis Deo” by Vivaldi, “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” by Bach, “Dies Irae” from Mozart’s “Requiem”, “Hallelujah” from the “Mount of Olives” by Beethoven, among other classic pieces.
The remaining rehearsal schedule will be as follows.
On Sundays, Jan. 8, 15 and 22, two duplicate rehearsals will be held at the same time: one in Lowville with Virkler at the Lowville Presbyterian Church at 7707 State Street at 1 p.m., and the other at the Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls on the corner of Main and Center Streets at 1 p.m. with Peg Nuspliger.
This first set of rehearsals will each cover the same material, so members may attend whichever set is most convenient.
Then, on Sundays, Jan. 29 and Feb. 5, and Thursday, Feb. 9, the rehearsals will be held together in one place, at Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls, also at 1 p.m.
For more information, go online to the Adirondack Community Chorus website at www.adkcommunitychorus.webs.com.
Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
Onondaga Lake documentary premieres Friday in Syracuse
Womack Photography show opens Thursday
Following the Trail of Laura Ingalls Wilder among library events
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Onondaga Lake documentary premieres Friday in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Womack Photography show opens Thursday
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Following the Trail of Laura Ingalls Wilder among library events
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Spaghetti, auction Jan. 21 aid Cleveland Historical Society
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Remsen library offers Preschool Story Hour
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Nature story hour for preschoolers
- 4:00pm 01/11/17O’Shea named View’s interim leader
- 4:00pm 01/11/17Baskets and Birdhouses opens Friday
- 4:00pm 01/11/17Jervis has snowshoes, book signing