Classics concert rehearsals start Sunday
Rehearsals begin Sunday, Jan. 8, for a concert entitled “Adirondack Combined Community Chorus Sings the Classics.”
The concert will take place at the Forest Presbyterian Church on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 4 p.m.
New members who were unable to attend the first rehearsal are invited and welcome to join on Jan. 15, but note that there only will be five more rehearsals before the concert. Therefore, they are urged to make every effort to attend all of the remaining rehearsals.
This concert will be directed by Kendra Virkler, choral director at Beaver River Central School, and accompanied on the piano by Mel Chalker and Sylvia Fici.
The program will include “Gloria in Excelsis Deo” by Vivaldi, “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” by Bach, “Dies Irae” from Mozart’s “Requiem”, “Hallelujah” from the “Mount of Olives” by Beethoven, among other classic pieces.
The remaining rehearsal schedule will be as follows.
On Sundays, Jan. 8, 15 and 22, two duplicate rehearsals will be held at the same time: one in Lowville with Virkler at the Lowville Presbyterian Church at 7707 State Street at 1 p.m., and the other at the Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls on the corner of Main and Center Streets at 1 p.m. with Peg Nuspliger.
This first set of rehearsals will each cover the same material, so members may attend whichever set is most convenient.
Then, on Sundays, Jan. 29 and Feb. 5, and Thursday, Feb. 9, the rehearsals will be held together in one place, at Forest Presbyterian Church in Lyons Falls, also at 1 p.m.
For more information, go online to the Adirondack Community Chorus website at www.adkcommunitychorus.webs.com.
Rising Stars classes start Saturday
Four shows on exhibit at art center
View seeks assistant art teacher
Railway Historical Society lists season’s events
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Rising Stars classes start Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Four shows on exhibit at art center
- 4:00pm 03/22/17View seeks assistant art teacher
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Railway Historical Society lists season’s events
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Women’s suffrage program among events in Oneida Library
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Author discusses book on women’s suffrage
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Exhibitions showcase young and established
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Slate roofing workshop April 8
- 4:00pm 03/18/17Acting workshop Sunday in Rome Community Theater
- 4:00pm 03/18/17Religious struggle in poems topic