Chenango club to conduct Christmas Bird Count
SHERBURNE — Birders are invited to join Chenango Bird Club members as they conduct the annual Sherburne Christmas Bird Count on Saturday, Dec. 16.
The club is looking for local residents to join teams of birders to cover the 177 square miles of the count circle. Those who attend may participate any time during the day from dark hours looking (listening) for owls, to light hours driving the roads of the Sherburne area looking for daytime bird activity.
Those available to participate should call count organizer Fred von Mechow at 607-674 4214, email Fred at email@example.com, or come to the planning meeting at the Chenango Bird Club monthly meeting at Rogers Center on Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 7 p.m. at the Visitor Center. Park in the staff parking lot next to the building by taking the driveway off State Highway 80 just west of the main visitor parking lot exit. Curve around the pond to the right to reach the parking area.
Everyone interested in the Chenango Bird Club, bird watching, or participating in the Christmas Bird Count is encouraged to attend the meeting. Program attendees are welcome to stay for all or part of the evening activities.
The Chenango Bird Club presents monthly programs, except January, February, and March. Nature enthusiasts of all levels and interests are invited to all Chenango Bird Club programs, free of charge. Rogers Center is located one mile west of Sherburne Village on State Highway 80. Park in the main parking lot and walk to the west end of the lot to the Bird Exhibit Cabin.
Call Club President Charlene LaFever at 607-334-9112 for more information on Chenango Bird Club activities.
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event