Chenango club to conduct Christmas Bird Count
SHERBURNE — Birders are invited to join Chenango Bird Club members as they conduct the annual Sherburne Christmas Bird Count on Saturday, Dec. 16.
The club is looking for local residents to join teams of birders to cover the 177 square miles of the count circle. Those who attend may participate any time during the day from dark hours looking (listening) for owls, to light hours driving the roads of the Sherburne area looking for daytime bird activity.
Those available to participate should call count organizer Fred von Mechow at 607-674 4214, email Fred at email@example.com, or come to the planning meeting at the Chenango Bird Club monthly meeting at Rogers Center on Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 7 p.m. at the Visitor Center. Park in the staff parking lot next to the building by taking the driveway off State Highway 80 just west of the main visitor parking lot exit. Curve around the pond to the right to reach the parking area.
Everyone interested in the Chenango Bird Club, bird watching, or participating in the Christmas Bird Count is encouraged to attend the meeting. Program attendees are welcome to stay for all or part of the evening activities.
The Chenango Bird Club presents monthly programs, except January, February, and March. Nature enthusiasts of all levels and interests are invited to all Chenango Bird Club programs, free of charge. Rogers Center is located one mile west of Sherburne Village on State Highway 80. Park in the main parking lot and walk to the west end of the lot to the Bird Exhibit Cabin.
Call Club President Charlene LaFever at 607-334-9112 for more information on Chenango Bird Club activities.
Dolly Parton talk canceled
Winter focus of library exhibit
Dolly Parton focus of talk Wednesday
View announces thrown wheel pottery workshop
- 10:30am 01/17/18Dolly Parton talk canceled
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Winter focus of library exhibit
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Dolly Parton focus of talk Wednesday
- 4:00pm 01/10/18View announces thrown wheel pottery workshop
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Railway Historical Society meets
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Utica zoo announces winter, spring camps
- 4:00pm 01/10/18View names new director of visual arts and exhibitions
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Welsh heritage event Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Verona historical group meets Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/10/18History show and tell event Saturday