CHAIRity Art Auction slated for Sept. 23
On Saturday, Sept. 23, Sculpture Space will be hosting its 28th annual CHAIRity Art Auction at the studio, 12 Gates St., in Utica’s Brewery District.
The evening features original works of art and functional objects created by international, national, regional and local artists, presented in both live and silent art auctions. Executive Director Tom Montan said, “This year’s CHAIRity Art Auction promises to be an even more stellar evening than last year’s, bringing the talents of our regional artists and alumni together to our fabulous community. We are so excited to be hosting this CHAIRity, our 28th annual event.”
Many of the contributing artists are alumni of Sculpture Space’s internationally recognized artist-in-residency program. Since 1976, Sculpture Space has hosted over 550 visiting artists from 29 countries and 29 states.
Ticket prices are $40 until Sept. 15 and $50 until Sept. 22. General admission tickets will be available the day of and at the door for $60 each. Patron tickets are $100 each, which includes one admission ticket, a listing in the Patron’s Page and open bar for the evening. To reserve, call 315-724-8381 or email email@example.com.
The live auction will include a variety of art including decorative sculpture, paintings, lamps, furniture, jewelry and ceramics donated by international and local artists and artisans. The Earth Day collection, created from repurposed materials donated by Empire Recycling, will also be available for auction.
The silent auction also features smaller works of art, handmade items, gift certificates, travel opportunities and other contributions from local businesses and supporters.
This year’s presenting sponsor is Bank of Utica.
Silent auction and live auction preview will be held from 4:30 to 6:15 p.m., along with a cash bar and catering will be provided by Mano a Bocca.
Musicians Stan Slabicki and Bob Dziedzic of Stik & BD will perform. The live auction, presented by Bernie Brzostek, will start at 6:15.
Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
Duo performs Civil War themed concert
Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Duo performs Civil War themed concert
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Black River Canal Museum hosts ‘Era of Navigation’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Encaustic painting workshop April 28-29 at View
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Jervis offers Online Genealogy help session Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Zoomobile visits Remsen library Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18MWPAI screens ‘Eve and the Fire Horse’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Screen-Free Week events at Pulaski Historical Society