CHAIRity Art Auction slated for Sept. 23
On Saturday, Sept. 23, Sculpture Space will be hosting its 28th annual CHAIRity Art Auction at the studio, 12 Gates St., in Utica’s Brewery District.
The evening features original works of art and functional objects created by international, national, regional and local artists, presented in both live and silent art auctions. Executive Director Tom Montan said, “This year’s CHAIRity Art Auction promises to be an even more stellar evening than last year’s, bringing the talents of our regional artists and alumni together to our fabulous community. We are so excited to be hosting this CHAIRity, our 28th annual event.”
Many of the contributing artists are alumni of Sculpture Space’s internationally recognized artist-in-residency program. Since 1976, Sculpture Space has hosted over 550 visiting artists from 29 countries and 29 states.
Ticket prices are $40 until Sept. 15 and $50 until Sept. 22. General admission tickets will be available the day of and at the door for $60 each. Patron tickets are $100 each, which includes one admission ticket, a listing in the Patron’s Page and open bar for the evening. To reserve, call 315-724-8381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The live auction will include a variety of art including decorative sculpture, paintings, lamps, furniture, jewelry and ceramics donated by international and local artists and artisans. The Earth Day collection, created from repurposed materials donated by Empire Recycling, will also be available for auction.
The silent auction also features smaller works of art, handmade items, gift certificates, travel opportunities and other contributions from local businesses and supporters.
This year’s presenting sponsor is Bank of Utica.
Silent auction and live auction preview will be held from 4:30 to 6:15 p.m., along with a cash bar and catering will be provided by Mano a Bocca.
Musicians Stan Slabicki and Bob Dziedzic of Stik & BD will perform. The live auction, presented by Bernie Brzostek, will start at 6:15.
Author Bob Hocking in Utica Saturday
‘Ballots, Bloomers, and Marmalade’ event this weekend in Peterboro
Old Forge Library hosts ‘Blissville: An Investigation’
Chairs 4 Children event aids Neighborhood Center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Author Bob Hocking in Utica Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Ballots, Bloomers, and Marmalade’ event this weekend in Peterboro
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Old Forge Library hosts ‘Blissville: An Investigation’
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Chairs 4 Children event aids Neighborhood Center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Marmalade, Bloomer Tea and other fares at Peterboro
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Watercolor workshop, Music in Motion at Oneida library this week
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Game of Life’ on stage Friday
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Farms subject of historical society meeting
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Back to School’ program in Pulaski Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/20/17‘Our Word is Our Weapon’ lecture Sept. 27