CHAIRity Art Auction slated for Sept. 23
On Saturday, Sept. 23, Sculpture Space will be hosting its 28th annual CHAIRity Art Auction at the studio, 12 Gates St., in Utica’s Brewery District.
The evening features original works of art and functional objects created by international, national, regional and local artists, presented in both live and silent art auctions. Executive Director Tom Montan said, “This year’s CHAIRity Art Auction promises to be an even more stellar evening than last year’s, bringing the talents of our regional artists and alumni together to our fabulous community. We are so excited to be hosting this CHAIRity, our 28th annual event.”
Many of the contributing artists are alumni of Sculpture Space’s internationally recognized artist-in-residency program. Since 1976, Sculpture Space has hosted over 550 visiting artists from 29 countries and 29 states.
Ticket prices are $40 until Sept. 15 and $50 until Sept. 22. General admission tickets will be available the day of and at the door for $60 each. Patron tickets are $100 each, which includes one admission ticket, a listing in the Patron’s Page and open bar for the evening. To reserve, call 315-724-8381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The live auction will include a variety of art including decorative sculpture, paintings, lamps, furniture, jewelry and ceramics donated by international and local artists and artisans. The Earth Day collection, created from repurposed materials donated by Empire Recycling, will also be available for auction.
The silent auction also features smaller works of art, handmade items, gift certificates, travel opportunities and other contributions from local businesses and supporters.
This year’s presenting sponsor is Bank of Utica.
Silent auction and live auction preview will be held from 4:30 to 6:15 p.m., along with a cash bar and catering will be provided by Mano a Bocca.
Musicians Stan Slabicki and Bob Dziedzic of Stik & BD will perform. The live auction, presented by Bernie Brzostek, will start at 6:15.
View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/15/18History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Jervis offers online genealogy workshop Aug. 27
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Steuben Old Home Days slated for Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
- 4:00pm 08/08/18McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Historic walking tour in Leonardsville