Carly Paige Baron (Photo submitted)
Broadway actress to attend Capitol screening Friday
The YMCA of the Greater Tri-Valley (Rome-Oneida-New Hartford) is hosting Broadway actress and vocalist Carly Paige Baron as part of a music education and appreciation workshop series at the Capitol Theatre on Friday, Oct. 9 at noon.
Baron will attend a screening of “Hope Is In Me,” a documentary of music education and recordings at the YMCA. The film screening is free and open to the public.
The YMCA has several other performers scheduled to appear as part of their workshop series.
They include regional artists Isreal Hagan, Grammy winner Joanne Shenandoah and the All-In Barbershop Quartet. On Dec. 17, the Boys and Girls Choir from Harlem Alumni Ensemble will conduct a vocal workshop at Rome Free Academy followed by a benefit concert at the Capitol Theatre.
For more information go online to www.ymcatrivalley.org.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight