Carly Paige Baron (Photo submitted)
Broadway actress to attend Capitol screening Friday
The YMCA of the Greater Tri-Valley (Rome-Oneida-New Hartford) is hosting Broadway actress and vocalist Carly Paige Baron as part of a music education and appreciation workshop series at the Capitol Theatre on Friday, Oct. 9 at noon.
Baron will attend a screening of “Hope Is In Me,” a documentary of music education and recordings at the YMCA. The film screening is free and open to the public.
The YMCA has several other performers scheduled to appear as part of their workshop series.
They include regional artists Isreal Hagan, Grammy winner Joanne Shenandoah and the All-In Barbershop Quartet. On Dec. 17, the Boys and Girls Choir from Harlem Alumni Ensemble will conduct a vocal workshop at Rome Free Academy followed by a benefit concert at the Capitol Theatre.
For more information go online to www.ymcatrivalley.org.
Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
Duo performs Civil War themed concert
Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Duo performs Civil War themed concert
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Black River Canal Museum hosts ‘Era of Navigation’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Encaustic painting workshop April 28-29 at View
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Jervis offers Online Genealogy help session Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Zoomobile visits Remsen library Monday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18MWPAI screens ‘Eve and the Fire Horse’
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Screen-Free Week events at Pulaski Historical Society