Carly Paige Baron (Photo submitted)
Broadway actress to attend Capitol screening Friday
The YMCA of the Greater Tri-Valley (Rome-Oneida-New Hartford) is hosting Broadway actress and vocalist Carly Paige Baron as part of a music education and appreciation workshop series at the Capitol Theatre on Friday, Oct. 9 at noon.
Baron will attend a screening of “Hope Is In Me,” a documentary of music education and recordings at the YMCA. The film screening is free and open to the public.
The YMCA has several other performers scheduled to appear as part of their workshop series.
They include regional artists Isreal Hagan, Grammy winner Joanne Shenandoah and the All-In Barbershop Quartet. On Dec. 17, the Boys and Girls Choir from Harlem Alumni Ensemble will conduct a vocal workshop at Rome Free Academy followed by a benefit concert at the Capitol Theatre.
For more information go online to www.ymcatrivalley.org.
Works in Progress reception Oct. 25
‘Hocus Pocus,’ Live Clue event at Jervis
Exhibit marks 200th anniversary of Historic Zoar Village
Oneida library hosts Escape the Library teen event, AARP driving course
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Works in Progress reception Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/18/17‘Hocus Pocus,’ Live Clue event at Jervis
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Exhibit marks 200th anniversary of Historic Zoar Village
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Oneida library hosts Escape the Library teen event, AARP driving course
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Mansion House marks International Archaelogy Day Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Fall events announced at Shawangunk Nature Preserve
- 4:00pm 10/18/17A Question of Survival presentation Tuesday at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Wreath making first ‘Parent and Me’ workshop Saturday at View
- 4:00pm 10/18/17Jervis offers Children’s Fall ‘Crafternoon’ event Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/11/17Western Historical Society meets Thursday