Carly Paige Baron (Photo submitted)
Broadway actress to attend Capitol screening Friday
The YMCA of the Greater Tri-Valley (Rome-Oneida-New Hartford) is hosting Broadway actress and vocalist Carly Paige Baron as part of a music education and appreciation workshop series at the Capitol Theatre on Friday, Oct. 9 at noon.
Baron will attend a screening of “Hope Is In Me,” a documentary of music education and recordings at the YMCA. The film screening is free and open to the public.
The YMCA has several other performers scheduled to appear as part of their workshop series.
They include regional artists Isreal Hagan, Grammy winner Joanne Shenandoah and the All-In Barbershop Quartet. On Dec. 17, the Boys and Girls Choir from Harlem Alumni Ensemble will conduct a vocal workshop at Rome Free Academy followed by a benefit concert at the Capitol Theatre.
For more information go online to www.ymcatrivalley.org.
Fusion announces contest winners
Jervis House tours start June 16
History center displays restored 1920s fire truck
History Center hosts lecture on Second Great Awakening
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Fusion announces contest winners
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Jervis House tours start June 16
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History center displays restored 1920s fire truck
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History Center hosts lecture on Second Great Awakening
- 4:00pm 06/13/18MWPAI offers exclusive exhibit: ‘Kimono!’
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Tickets on sale for View gala
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Clinton Historical Society lists summer hours
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Poetry reading Friday in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/13/18RACC Artletics summer camp starts June 25
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History of Comic Books topic of talk