Carly Paige Baron (Photo submitted)
Broadway actress to attend Capitol screening Friday
The YMCA of the Greater Tri-Valley (Rome-Oneida-New Hartford) is hosting Broadway actress and vocalist Carly Paige Baron as part of a music education and appreciation workshop series at the Capitol Theatre on Friday, Oct. 9 at noon.
Baron will attend a screening of “Hope Is In Me,” a documentary of music education and recordings at the YMCA. The film screening is free and open to the public.
The YMCA has several other performers scheduled to appear as part of their workshop series.
They include regional artists Isreal Hagan, Grammy winner Joanne Shenandoah and the All-In Barbershop Quartet. On Dec. 17, the Boys and Girls Choir from Harlem Alumni Ensemble will conduct a vocal workshop at Rome Free Academy followed by a benefit concert at the Capitol Theatre.
For more information go online to www.ymcatrivalley.org.
‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Preschool Story Hour in Remsen
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Talk on Puccini’s ‘Tosca’ Jan. 25
- 10:30am 01/17/18Dolly Parton talk canceled
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Winter focus of library exhibit
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Dolly Parton focus of talk Wednesday
- 4:00pm 01/10/18View announces thrown wheel pottery workshop