Bookstore hosts youth cooking challenge
HAMILTON — Young fans of the Food Network TV series Chopped can test their budding culinary skills on Saturday, Feb. 17, at the Colgate Bookstore, 3 Utica St. They will race against the clock to master the secret ingredients and win prizes.
The event begins at 10:30 a.m. in the third floor events room, but contestants are asked to arrive at 10:15.
Six teams of three will present their masterpieces to a panel of judges who will critique them according to creativity and presentation. Three of these teams will advance to the final challenge and the chance to win prizes.
This competition is open to children ages 5 to 12. Children of all ages are invited to cheer on their favorite chef. Contestant slots are limited so pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or texting 315-228-7480 with the name, age and contact info for the contestant. Those who pre-register will receive a mystery gift. Depending on pre-registration, some spots may be available at the door on a first come, first serve basis.
Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
Historic walking tour in Leonardsville
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
- 4:00pm 08/08/18McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Historic walking tour in Leonardsville
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Pair of new exhibits to open on Thursday at Oneida County History Center
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Oneida library events include picnic, Lip Sync Battle, carnival
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Mary Sanders Shartle emcee’s writer’s Open Mic Night
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Painting workshop Aug. 16 at View
- 4:00pm 08/03/18From Artletics to music, activities abound at RACC
- 4:00pm 08/01/18RACC hosts ‘Japanese Inspired Baskets’ by Flo Hoppe Aug. 2