Bookstore hosts youth cooking challenge
HAMILTON — Young fans of the Food Network TV series Chopped can test their budding culinary skills on Saturday, Feb. 17, at the Colgate Bookstore, 3 Utica St. They will race against the clock to master the secret ingredients and win prizes.
The event begins at 10:30 a.m. in the third floor events room, but contestants are asked to arrive at 10:15.
Six teams of three will present their masterpieces to a panel of judges who will critique them according to creativity and presentation. Three of these teams will advance to the final challenge and the chance to win prizes.
This competition is open to children ages 5 to 12. Children of all ages are invited to cheer on their favorite chef. Contestant slots are limited so pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or texting 315-228-7480 with the name, age and contact info for the contestant. Those who pre-register will receive a mystery gift. Depending on pre-registration, some spots may be available at the door on a first come, first serve basis.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight