Award-winning children’s book author speaks on Nov. 16
OLD FORGE — Award-winning children’s book author Kevin Kurtz will give presentations about the wonders of science, nature, reading and writing on Thursday, Nov. 16, at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd.
The program is for students from the Town of Webb Schools, Inlet School and home schooled students but the public is also invited.
Kurtz is the author of several non fiction children’s books including “A Day in the Deep,” “A Day in the Salt Marsh,” “A Day on the Mountain,” “Uncovering Earth’s Secrets” and “Where Wild Microbes Grow.”
He has also worked as an educator for organizations such as the South Carolina Aquarium, the Science Factory Children’s Museum and onboard the research vessel JOIDES Resolution during an expedition in the South Pacific to study ocean volcanoes.
The programs are: 10:05-10:45 a.m. for grades 3 and 4; noon-12:30 for kindergarten and grades 1 and 2; 1:30-2:10 p.m. for grades 5 and 6.
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event