Award-winning children’s book author speaks on Nov. 16
OLD FORGE — Award-winning children’s book author Kevin Kurtz will give presentations about the wonders of science, nature, reading and writing on Thursday, Nov. 16, at the Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd.
The program is for students from the Town of Webb Schools, Inlet School and home schooled students but the public is also invited.
Kurtz is the author of several non fiction children’s books including “A Day in the Deep,” “A Day in the Salt Marsh,” “A Day on the Mountain,” “Uncovering Earth’s Secrets” and “Where Wild Microbes Grow.”
He has also worked as an educator for organizations such as the South Carolina Aquarium, the Science Factory Children’s Museum and onboard the research vessel JOIDES Resolution during an expedition in the South Pacific to study ocean volcanoes.
The programs are: 10:05-10:45 a.m. for grades 3 and 4; noon-12:30 for kindergarten and grades 1 and 2; 1:30-2:10 p.m. for grades 5 and 6.
Fusion announces contest winners
Jervis House tours start June 16
History center displays restored 1920s fire truck
History Center hosts lecture on Second Great Awakening
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Fusion announces contest winners
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Jervis House tours start June 16
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History center displays restored 1920s fire truck
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History Center hosts lecture on Second Great Awakening
- 4:00pm 06/13/18MWPAI offers exclusive exhibit: ‘Kimono!’
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Tickets on sale for View gala
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Clinton Historical Society lists summer hours
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Poetry reading Friday in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/13/18RACC Artletics summer camp starts June 26
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History of Comic Books topic of talk