Michael Farmer (Photo submitted)
Author emcee for open mic night in Old Forge
OLD FORGE — Old Forge Library, 220 Crosby Blvd., is inviting writers, songwriters, aspiring writers and members of the community to share and read or sing from their own work or to come and enjoy readings by others at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 15.
Featured writer and emcee will be Michael Farmer. Those who plan to participate on Open Mic Night should contact the library at 315-369-6008 so they may plan accordingly, but walk-ins are also welcome.
The readings are held to inspire writers and create opportunities for regional writers to meet and is co-sponsored by Adirondack Center for Writing.
Farmer was born and raised in Old Forge. He got interested in writing thanks to Annette Eyre, his junior high English teacher.
He studied journalism at Oregon State University, which led to a job as editor of the Adirondack Tourist. The paper, a subsidiary of the Boonville Herald, was formed as a weekly and headquartered in Old Forge in 1981. In addition, Farmer worked locally as a state licensed Whitewater Guide and General Manager for Adirondack River Outfitters.
After a 20-year hiatus, when Farmer relocated to Colorado and worked in the skiing and tourism industry, he moved back to Old Forge in 2010 to accept the position of Tourism/Publicity director for the Town of Webb.
Fusion announces contest winners
Jervis House tours start June 16
History center displays restored 1920s fire truck
History Center hosts lecture on Second Great Awakening
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Fusion announces contest winners
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Jervis House tours start June 16
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History center displays restored 1920s fire truck
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History Center hosts lecture on Second Great Awakening
- 4:00pm 06/13/18MWPAI offers exclusive exhibit: ‘Kimono!’
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Tickets on sale for View gala
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Clinton Historical Society lists summer hours
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Poetry reading Friday in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/13/18RACC Artletics summer camp starts June 26
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History of Comic Books topic of talk