Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
UTICA — The public is invited to attend “The JAM,” a free, real-time sculpture event taking place on Saturday, April 21, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on the campus of SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
This event in conjunction with the Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire offers the public a behind-the-scenes and in-depth look into the creative process. Four teams comprised of students and professional artists from across the state will be competing in a friendly six-hour design and build challenge, resulting in four unique pieces of art.
The public is encouraged to watch and interact with the artists throughout the day, as well as cast their vote for “People’s Choice”. There will be other free, family-friendly events and activities during the day as well.
Sculptures Space is a residency that provides opportunity for sculptors to explore ideas and create new work. Sculpture Space promotes interaction between international visiting artists and the local community through installations in public spaces, studio tours and collaborations with other organizations to realize artists’ projects.
On the net: www.sculpturespace.org
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight