Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
UTICA — The public is invited to attend “The JAM,” a free, real-time sculpture event taking place on Saturday, April 21, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on the campus of SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
This event in conjunction with the Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire offers the public a behind-the-scenes and in-depth look into the creative process. Four teams comprised of students and professional artists from across the state will be competing in a friendly six-hour design and build challenge, resulting in four unique pieces of art.
The public is encouraged to watch and interact with the artists throughout the day, as well as cast their vote for “People’s Choice”. There will be other free, family-friendly events and activities during the day as well.
Sculptures Space is a residency that provides opportunity for sculptors to explore ideas and create new work. Sculpture Space promotes interaction between international visiting artists and the local community through installations in public spaces, studio tours and collaborations with other organizations to realize artists’ projects.
On the net: www.sculpturespace.org
Herkimer Home opens Saturday
View offers ceramics workshop June 2
Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/22/18View offers Healing with Nature Workshop Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Two exhibits open at MWPAI
- 4:00pm 05/16/18MWPAI announces May events
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23