Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
UTICA — The public is invited to attend “The JAM,” a free, real-time sculpture event taking place on Saturday, April 21, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on the campus of SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
This event in conjunction with the Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire offers the public a behind-the-scenes and in-depth look into the creative process. Four teams comprised of students and professional artists from across the state will be competing in a friendly six-hour design and build challenge, resulting in four unique pieces of art.
The public is encouraged to watch and interact with the artists throughout the day, as well as cast their vote for “People’s Choice”. There will be other free, family-friendly events and activities during the day as well.
Sculptures Space is a residency that provides opportunity for sculptors to explore ideas and create new work. Sculpture Space promotes interaction between international visiting artists and the local community through installations in public spaces, studio tours and collaborations with other organizations to realize artists’ projects.
On the net: www.sculpturespace.org
View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/15/18History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Jervis offers online genealogy workshop Aug. 27
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Steuben Old Home Days slated for Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
- 4:00pm 08/08/18McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Historic walking tour in Leonardsville