‘Art is a Consuming Fire’ exhibit opens May 3
BOONVILLE — Dodge Pratt Northam Art and Community Center, 106 Schuyler St., will present the work of Joan Williamson and Bob Baumgartner as its May featured artist’s.
The exhibition, entitled “Art is a Consuming Fire” will be marked with an opening reception on Thursday, May 3, from 7 to 9 p.m. The regular hours of the exhibit will be 10 to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays through Fridays. Saturdays, by request only.
“Both of us have emphasized and reacted to the extreme beauty of nature around us. We have had no choice but to express our joy and translate it into paintings, poems and pottery. Art by its very nature is meant to be shared and enjoyed. I hope our work inspires others who also feel that deep pull inside to create and express the beauty of the world around us in a creative way,” Williamson said.
“Anyone can be an artist. If you feel the need to give it a try, do it. You won’t be sorry. Self expression is a wonderful freedom everyone should enjoy. Bob was a master potter who lived in Boulder Colorado. He passed away suddenly while hiking Mount Sopris near Aspen in 2015. I’m very grateful for this opportunity to fulfill Bob’s dream.”
For more information, call 315-942-5133 or go online to www.dpnboonville.org
Herkimer Home opens Saturday
View offers ceramics workshop June 2
Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/22/18View offers Healing with Nature Workshop Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Two exhibits open at MWPAI
- 4:00pm 05/16/18MWPAI announces May events
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Jervis offers genealogy help session May 22
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Colgate hosts book signing with Chuck D’Imperio May 23