‘Art is a Consuming Fire’ exhibit opens May 3
BOONVILLE — Dodge Pratt Northam Art and Community Center, 106 Schuyler St., will present the work of Joan Williamson and Bob Baumgartner as its May featured artist’s.
The exhibition, entitled “Art is a Consuming Fire” will be marked with an opening reception on Thursday, May 3, from 7 to 9 p.m. The regular hours of the exhibit will be 10 to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays through Fridays. Saturdays, by request only.
“Both of us have emphasized and reacted to the extreme beauty of nature around us. We have had no choice but to express our joy and translate it into paintings, poems and pottery. Art by its very nature is meant to be shared and enjoyed. I hope our work inspires others who also feel that deep pull inside to create and express the beauty of the world around us in a creative way,” Williamson said.
“Anyone can be an artist. If you feel the need to give it a try, do it. You won’t be sorry. Self expression is a wonderful freedom everyone should enjoy. Bob was a master potter who lived in Boulder Colorado. He passed away suddenly while hiking Mount Sopris near Aspen in 2015. I’m very grateful for this opportunity to fulfill Bob’s dream.”
For more information, call 315-942-5133 or go online to www.dpnboonville.org
View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/15/18History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Jervis offers online genealogy workshop Aug. 27
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Steuben Old Home Days slated for Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
- 4:00pm 08/08/18McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Historic walking tour in Leonardsville