Animal winter survival, family story hour among library programs
ONEIDA — The Oneida Public Library, 220 Broad St., is hosting the following events during the coming week. Call 363-3050 for more information.
Thursday, Jan. 5
OPL Board of Trustees Meeting, 7 p.m.
The board of trustees will meet in the library’s Local History Room. The meeting is open to the public and is handicapped accessible.
Monday/Tuesday, Jan. 9-10
AARP Driver Safety Program. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
An AARP-trained instructor offers a two-day classroom defensive driver course. Attendees may receive car insurance discounts for participating. Call Bob Fish at 363-0455 to register.
Wednesday, Jan. 11
Tech Help 9 to 11 a.m.
Volunteer technical advisers will assist device and laptop users to set up, adapt and get the most out of their devices. No appointment is needed.
After-school science: Winter Survival, 4 p.m.
OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander will lead elementary school students in hands-on experiments that reveal how wild animals like birds, rabbits and deer keep warm and survive the winter.
Family Story Hour 6:30 p.m.
OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander hosts an evening story hour for children aged 2 through second grade and their parents or guardians. The program includes stories, games and fun activities that engage imaginations and stimulate language skills.
“What Iroquois Prophets Foresee,” 7 p.m.
Doug George-Kanentiio, journalist and Iroquois historian, investigates the warnings of global climate change issued by Iroquois seers and how they seem to be coming to pass.
Thursday, Jan. 12
Ready to Read, 10 to 11 a.m.
OPL Youth Services Coordinator Megan Gillander leads pre-schoolers and their parents or guardians in rhymes, songs, finger play, crafts and stories in an early-literacy program.
Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
Onondaga Lake documentary premieres Friday in Syracuse
Womack Photography show opens Thursday
Following the Trail of Laura Ingalls Wilder among library events
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Onondaga Lake documentary premieres Friday in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Womack Photography show opens Thursday
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Following the Trail of Laura Ingalls Wilder among library events
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Spaghetti, auction Jan. 21 aid Cleveland Historical Society
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Remsen library offers Preschool Story Hour
- 4:00pm 01/18/17Nature story hour for preschoolers
- 4:00pm 01/11/17O’Shea named View’s interim leader
- 4:00pm 01/11/17Baskets and Birdhouses opens Friday
- 4:00pm 01/11/17Jervis has snowshoes, book signing