Adirondack Storytelling Festival Sunday
OLD FORGE — The annual Adirondack Storytelling Festival, featuring traditionall Adirondack stories and music, will be held on Sunday, July 22 from noon to 2 p.m. under the tent on the Old Forge Library lawn, at 220 Crosby Blvd.
Award-winning musician, storyteller and author, Joe Bruchac, will host the festivities. Bruchac, Adirondack storyteller, Bill Smith, and Mountain Quickstep will perform for the audience.
Joe Bruchac is an author who has written more than 120 books for children and adults. For over 30 years he has been creating poetry, short stories, novels, anthologies and music that reflect his Abenaki heritage and Native American traditions.
Bill Smith is known throughout the Adirondacks and beyond as a master storyteller and balladeer.
He is a favorite of audiences everywhere with his repertoire of humorous tales that he learned from his father, a logger, hunter and trapper and songs and poems that from his mother.
Folks will laugh at his tall tales, and step back in time with his descriptions of country life. His songs inspire nostalgia.
Mountain Quickstep, comprised of Greg Anderson, Trish Miller and Sara Milonovich, are known for their lively fiddle tunes, lonesome folk-songs, and fancy footwork.
Toe tapping music on twin fiddles, banjos, mandolins and guitars, along with percussive Appalachian clog dancing and three-part vocal harmonies will celebrate the diversity of rural American music.
Visitors are advised to bring a blanket or folding chair to sit on during the performances. The program is free, although donations are accepted and appreciated.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight