Adirondack Storytelling Festival Sunday
OLD FORGE — The annual Adirondack Storytelling Festival, featuring traditionall Adirondack stories and music, will be held on Sunday, July 22 from noon to 2 p.m. under the tent on the Old Forge Library lawn, at 220 Crosby Blvd.
Award-winning musician, storyteller and author, Joe Bruchac, will host the festivities. Bruchac, Adirondack storyteller, Bill Smith, and Mountain Quickstep will perform for the audience.
Joe Bruchac is an author who has written more than 120 books for children and adults. For over 30 years he has been creating poetry, short stories, novels, anthologies and music that reflect his Abenaki heritage and Native American traditions.
Bill Smith is known throughout the Adirondacks and beyond as a master storyteller and balladeer.
He is a favorite of audiences everywhere with his repertoire of humorous tales that he learned from his father, a logger, hunter and trapper and songs and poems that from his mother.
Folks will laugh at his tall tales, and step back in time with his descriptions of country life. His songs inspire nostalgia.
Mountain Quickstep, comprised of Greg Anderson, Trish Miller and Sara Milonovich, are known for their lively fiddle tunes, lonesome folk-songs, and fancy footwork.
Toe tapping music on twin fiddles, banjos, mandolins and guitars, along with percussive Appalachian clog dancing and three-part vocal harmonies will celebrate the diversity of rural American music.
Visitors are advised to bring a blanket or folding chair to sit on during the performances. The program is free, although donations are accepted and appreciated.
View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/15/18History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Jervis offers online genealogy workshop Aug. 27
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Steuben Old Home Days slated for Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Felting workshop Aug. 18 at View
- 4:00pm 08/08/18McGhee to give book presentation at Old Forge Library
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Town of Western Historical Society to hold monthly meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Historic walking tour in Leonardsville