‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
The Old Forge Library will host authors Cheryl Coasta, W.K. Pomeroy, Woody Sins and Dennis Webster of the newly released “Adirondack Mysteries” short story collection for a reading and discussion on Tuesday, June 26 at 7:30 p.m. The anthology is part of the “Adirondack Book Series,” a compilation of mysteries and thrillers set in the mountains of upstate New York.
Also read will be John Briant’s “Santa Clara,” the last story written by the late state-trooper-turned-novelist, to whom the book is dedicated.
Admission is free and open to the general public. Copies of the book will be available for purchase and for signing.
Cheryl Costa is a New York native currently residing in Syracuse, where she works as a newspaper columnist. She has a degree in entertainment writing from SUNY Empire State in Saratoga Springs.
W.K. Pomeroy has published more than 70 short stories, poems, and articles from horror to romance. In the past, he served as president of the Utica Writers Club and as judge in the club’s short story contests.
Woody Sins is an engineer who lives in New Hartford, by way of rural Tug Hill. He has dedicated his story, “The Rebel,” to the memory of Otto Van Schoonhoven.
Dennis Webster, the anthology’s editor, is “a ghost hunter and paranormal investigator” who works with the Ghost Seekers of Central New York. He has published books variously on area asylums, haunted houses, and famous crimes — most of which are set in the Adirondack region.
Ukrainian moth may provide hope against monarch-killing vine
Teen summer program at Jervis includes workshops, clubs, games
Croquet Wednesdays at Sherrill library
Sign up for Living Lamp workshop at View
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Ukrainian moth may provide hope against monarch-killing vine
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Teen summer program at Jervis includes workshops, clubs, games
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Croquet Wednesdays at Sherrill library
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Sign up for Living Lamp workshop at View
- 4:00pm 07/11/18View seeks artists for nature exhibit
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Jervis Public Library announces tech help sessions for July
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Historic society hosts author Anthony Wonderley
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Presentation on butterflies, moths Saturday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Merry-Go-Round theater troupe performs Friday
- 4:00pm 07/11/18Northeast National Pastel Exhibition awards announced