AARP driving course, after-school science at Oneida library
ONEIDA — The following activities will be offered in the coming week at the Oneida Public Library, 220 Broad St. Call 315-363-3050 for information:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Ready to Read, 10 a.m. OPL’s Megan Gillander offers children 2 to 5 years of age and their parents or guardians the pleasure of stories, songs and activities to help strengthen the children’s language skills.
Monday, Jan. 8 and
Tuesday, Jan. 9
AARP’s Drivers Safety Class, Monday and Tuesday, 9:45 a.m.-1 p.m. AARP-trained instructors offer a two-day classroom defensive driver course for potential discounts in car insurance. To register, call Bob Fish at 363-0455.
Tuesday, Jan. 9
Ready To Read: Music and Motion, 10 a.m. Newborns to 4-year-olds and their parents or guardians will enjoy songs, rhymes, coordinated movements and just plain fun, all of which will help stimulate the children’s language skills.
Wednesday, Jan. 10
Tech Help, 9-11 a.m. Volunteer technical advisors will be on hand to help device and laptop users set up, adapt and get the most out of their devices. No appointment is needed.
After-school Science, 4:30 p.m. Can elementary-school students build a high tower or a bridge that can hold a great deal of weight? They can find out at this month’s After-school Science along with some vital information about weight and gravity.
Family Game Night, 6:30 p.m. Game guru Breyt Coakley is back at the OPL Game Night to share his love of board games with all ages and to introduce some new favorite games of his own.
Book Talk with Tony Wonderley, 6:30 p.m. Former Oneida Community Mansion House curator Dr. Anthony Wonderley will offer words and pictures to reveal a fresh and revealing look at John Humphrey Noyes’ Oneida Community. He will discuss its evolution from Bible Communism to paternalistic capitalism. Copies of Wonderley’s new book, “Oneida Utopia,” will be available for purchase and signing by the author.
Thursday, Jan. 11
Ready To Read, 10 a.m.
‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Preschool Story Hour in Remsen
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Talk on Puccini’s ‘Tosca’ Jan. 25
- 10:30am 01/17/18Dolly Parton talk canceled
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Winter focus of library exhibit
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Dolly Parton focus of talk Wednesday
- 4:00pm 01/10/18View announces thrown wheel pottery workshop