CHILI BOWL SELECTION — Handcrafted bowls on display at View in Old Forge (Photo submitted)
12th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon Saturday in Old Forge
OLD FORGE — View’s 12th annual Chili Bowl Luncheon will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 17.
Admission is $25, $18 for children and includes a handcrafted bowl to keep and trivia card. Each correct answer a participant makes on their card will give them a raffle ticket to enter to win View’s Chili Bowl Basket Raffle.
Chili may also be purchased without the bowl for $10, $5 for children.
Homemade meat and vegetarian chili, stews, and soups will be prepared by local restaurants and served in newly handcrafted bowls created from View’s Pottery Workshop and by other artists, near and far. The potters from this year’s workshop have produced an eclectic collection of bowls featuring a variety of surface decorations.
View volunteer and artist Bette Rintrona said there will be nearly 300 handcrafted bowls at the Chili Bowl Luncheon.
Chili and soup will be donated by Brian Bamberger, The Big Moose Inn, Walt’s Diner, Great Pines, A Moveable Feast, The Original Kitty’s, The Woods Inn, Van Auken’s Inne, DiOrio’s Supermarket, Randy’s, 5 Corners Café, Front Door Diner, Slickers Tavern, Mountainside Smokehouse, The Pickle Boat Grill, Steak House, Stillwater Hotel, The Tobaggan Inn, Ozzie’s Coffee Bar, and Screamen Eagle/Matt’s Draft House.
Also, returning to this year’s luncheon is the Fulton Chain Craft Brewery, which will provide beer to sample.
The Chili Bowl Luncheon will be held at View in Gould Hall. All proceeds will benefit View.
To learn more about upcoming events at View Arts Center, call 315-369-6411, ext. 201, or visit ViewArts.org.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight